Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm going tomorrow....
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Maybe to the 27th one but not tomorrow, i'll be go to the glasgow open day on wednesday though :tongue:
Reply 3
I'm going to try to go to the open day on the 27th if I can get my shift at work rearranged.
Reply 4
i'll be at the one on the 27th :biggrin:
Just back from the Edinburgh Open Day. The shuttlebus service was pretty poor :frown: Meaning I only had enough time for 1 and a half talks. x_X But I went to the most important one for me so it was good. Who else went on the 5th? - Curious.
Reply 6
I was there today. Wasn't impressed don't think I will be applying.
I went today. Was impressed my Medicine. Will be applying.
I was pretty impressed by the Medicine course.
But I dislike the idea of the accomodation and having travel so much everywhere - especially since Medical block so far away.

Btw Origin, which Med talk were you at? The one at which time?
Original post by &#34315
I was pretty impressed by the Medicine course.
But I dislike the idea of the accomodation and having travel so much everywhere - especially since Medical block so far away.

Btw Origin, which Med talk were you at? The one at which time?

Its not far away. Half an hour walk to the hospital, 15 to the School. I was at the one at 12, I liked both the speakers. I asked about the UKCAT score quartiles just as everyone left, and he said the highest quartile cut-off was about 2600. :biggrin: I was so relieved to hear that!
OriginofSymmetry
Its not far away. Half an hour walk to the hospital, 15 to the School. I was at the one at 12, I liked both the speakers. I asked about the UKCAT score quartiles just as everyone left, and he said the highest quartile cut-off was about 2600. :biggrin: I was so relieved to hear that!

Omg Lol, I was at the one at 12 too. I found the talk to be very useful to be honest. (though most of the information that they told I know already - since I was early for it and I asked questions to the people outside beforehand).
I was relieved to know they don't care about Band's (one of the person asked him at the end whether band's matter). Though it does kinda depress me that Standard Grade results are in the equation too.

Omg. highest quartile cut-off = 2600?!?! YES!!! :woo: I got 2620! . but ouch, its around and since this year's results is much better, then it might fluctuate a lot.

By the way, did you ask your question just as everyone was leaving and the person walked up to you to answer your question or was it afterwards?
Original post by &#34315
Omg Lol, I was at the one at 12 too. I found the talk to be very useful to be honest. (though most of the information that they told I know already - since I was early for it and I asked questions to the people outside beforehand).
I was relieved to know they don't care about Band's (one of the person asked him at the end whether band's matter). Though it does kinda depress me that Standard Grade results are in the equation too.

Omg. highest quartile cut-off = 2600?!?! YES!!! :woo: I got 2620! . but ouch, its around and since this year's results is much better, then it might fluctuate a lot.

By the way, did you ask your question just as everyone was leaving and the person walked up to you to answer your question or was it afterwards?

Yeah, he walked up to me, up the steps. But still, you'll be guaranteed to be in the second highest quartile, so no worries.

Yeah I got told by a Careers "Advisor" that my 2 in SG Modies would bring me down and not let me in to Edinburgh :rolleyes: imbecile.
OriginofSymmetry
Yeah, he walked up to me, up the steps. But still, you'll be guaranteed to be in the second highest quartile, so no worries.

Yeah I got told by a Careers "Advisor" that my 2 in SG Modies would bring me down and not let me in to Edinburgh :rolleyes: imbecile.

Lol! If you're the person he walked up the stairs to talk to, then I know who you are then, though I can't remember what you look like at all, since I had to walk past yous to get out and I thought I heard the word UKCAT mentioned. The coincidences eh? :yep:

And oh yeah, my Careers 'Advisor' said that I wouldn't be able to get into Med without Higher Physics. I asked the Admission person at the front enterance of the Med school, and you can guess what she replied. :p: :rolleyes:
Original post by &#34315
Lol! If you're the person he walked up the stairs to talk to, then I know who you are then, though I can't remember what you look like at all, since I had to walk past yous to get out and I thought I heard the word UKCAT mentioned. The coincidences eh? :yep:

And oh yeah, my Careers 'Advisor' said that I wouldn't be able to get into Med without Higher Physics. I asked the Admission person at the front enterance of the Med school, and you can guess what she replied. :p: :rolleyes:

Were you the guy with the dreads?

Pfft. I didn't do Physics, they shouldn't be in that job.
OriginofSymmetry
Were you the guy with the dreads?

Pfft. I didn't do Physics, they shouldn't be in that job.

Nah.
I was the [only?] Chinese guy sitting by himself - noone I knew was doing Med -.-'.

But yeah, you dont need Physics if you got Maths/Bio/Chem.
Original post by &#34315
Nah.
I was the [only?] Chinese guy sitting by himself - noone I knew was doing Med -.-'.

But yeah, you dont need Physics if you got Maths/Bio/Chem.

Oooh, I think I walked behind you into it!

Also, Human Bio is better. :p:
OriginofSymmetry
Oooh, I think I walked behind you into it!

Also, Human Bio is better. :p:

Lol. :p:

I didn't get to go to any other talk other than Medicine since I didn't have enough time. :no:
Du Ba
I was there today. Wasn't impressed don't think I will be applying.

May I ask if there was any particular reason why?

I went to George Square to get a paper, saw everybody and hastily paid up and left :smile:
Reply 18
was just about to create the same thread! :P

I'm going to the one on 27th :wink:
Reply 19
Original post by &#34315
Just back from the Edinburgh Open Day. The shuttlebus service was pretty poor :frown: Meaning I only had enough time for 1 and a half talks. x_X But I went to the most important one for me so it was good. Who else went on the 5th? - Curious.

Yeah, was at the open day on Friday, looked around medicine with a friend. I also got 2620 for the UKCAT and the admissions guy said that with regards to quartiles ill be either in the top or second depending on fluctuations.

This was the third time ive been to the medical one (keep getting dragged by people who don't wanna go themselves :P) and the shuttle bus was pretty poor this time, the last two they were perfect.

And the distance doesn't put me off as the first two years are mostly at the old medical school at teviot.

Latest

Trending

Trending