The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester

Official University of Worcester 2021 applicant thread

:hello:

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to the University of Worcester for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Manooka

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to De Montfort University for 2021!

Accounting and Finance BA Hons or Degree Course
I am doing A-Levels in Pearson Edexcel A-Level Business Studies, AQA A-Level Economics and Pearson Edexcel BTEC National and Extended Certificate in Applied Law.
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester
Original post by Manooka

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to the University of Worcester for 2021!

What course are you applying for : Forensics and Applied Biology with Foundation Year
What subjects are you currently studying: I'm not currently in education. I am working full time :smile:
I have now finished my personal statement and that is now on the UCAS website as it has had its final check over but I have still got to do my choices and a few other things on my UCAS application before that is paid and sent to college for the references to be done before it goes off to the universities so that they can give me offers.
Reply 4
Original post by Manooka

Hi!

I've applied for Creative Writing & History (Joint Honours). I'm currently on a year out but during my A-levels I studied English Language, History and Gov & Politics.
Hey, applied for Law and received an offer just before Xmas. Am on an Access to HE in Humanities.
I sent my UCAS application off to my school, college or exam centre on the 30th of December 2020. Then, they submitted my application to UCAS on the 15th of January 2021 and I am still currently waiting for my offers. My universities did say that they are still considering my application. I have applied for Accounting and Finance with foundation year at either Coventry University or The University of Wolverhampton and the accounting and Finance undergraduate degree course or BA Hons at either De Montfort University or The University of Worcester. I still have one choice spare which I have until the 30th of June to make. That will depend on my grades are then in my latest tests in Pearson Edexcel A-Level Business Studies and AQA A-Level Economics and Pearson Edexcel BTEC National and Extended Certificate in Applied Law. As it could be either an Accounting and Finance undergraduate degree course at one of these three places which are the University of Wolverhampton, Nottigham Trent University and the University of Leicester. Have any of you guys got any ideas as to how long it will take for my universities to give me my offers? Thanks and Best wishes From Michael.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by mjhmichael18
I sent my UCAS application off to my school, college or exam centre on the 30th of December 2020. Then, they submitted my application to UCAS on the 15th of January 2021 and I am still currently waiting for my offers. My universities did say that they are still considering my application. I have applied for Accounting and Finance with foundation year at either Coventry University or The University of Wolverhampton and the accounting and Finance undergraduate degree course or BA Hons at either De Montfort University or The University of Worcester. I still have one choice spare which I have until the 30th of June to make. That will depend on my grades are then in my latest tests in Pearson Edexcel A-Level Business Studies and AQA A-Level Economics and Pearson Edexcel BTEC National and Extended Certificate in Applied Law. As it could be either an Accounting and Finance undergraduate degree course at one of these three places which are the University of Wolverhampton, Nottigham Trent University and the University of Leicester. Have any of you guys got any ideas as to how long it will take for my universities to give me my offers? Thanks and Best wishes From Michael.

I’d say don’t expect anything sooner than feb half term bc there’s going to be so many applications plus it’s exam season so the lecturers are very busy

It could take up till early May. Or it could be next week. But longer is more likely
I have just had an offer from Coventry University, Here are the details:
Your choices
You have used 4 of your 5 choices
Offers received
Coventry University C85
Accounting and Finance (Foundation Year) N401
Campus: 5
Start date: 13 Sep 2021
Start from: Foundation year
The university or college has offered you a place subject to conditions.
(Conditional offer)
Last updated
18 Jan 2021

I am still waiting for offers from my other universities which are the University of Wolverhampton, De Montfort University and the University of Worcester, Here are the details:

Waiting for decisions
University of Worcester W80
Accounting and Finance N402
Start from: Year One
The university or college is currently considering your application.
(Referred)
Last updated
15 Jan 2021
View
De Montfort University D26
Accounting and Finance N420
Campus: Y
Start date: 1 Sep 2021
(Referred)
Last updated
15 Jan 2021
View
University of Wolverhampton W75
Accounting and Finance with Foundation Year N401
Start date: 20 Sep 2021
(Referred)
Last updated
15 Jan 2021

Have you got any ideas as to how much longer I am going to have to wait for my offers from these universities?

Thanks and Best wishes From Michael.
Reply 9
I have just had offers from Coventry University and De Montfort University, here are the details:

Your choices
Offers received
Coventry University C85
(Conditional offer)
Last updated
18 Jan 2021
View
(Conditional offer)
Last updated
18 Jan 2021

I am still waiting for offers from my other universities which are the University of Wolverhampton and the University of Worcester, Here are the details:

Waiting for decisions
(Referred)
Last updated
15 Jan 2021
View
(Referred)
Last updated
15 Jan 2021
View

Have you got any ideas as to how much longer I am going to have to wait for my offers from these universities?

No one is going to be able to tell you the specifics of how long you're going to have to wait for all of these unis. Since, this is the Worcester applicant thread (and only the Worcester applicant thread - intended to get to know each other rather than this) all I can tell you is the exact same thing written on the Worcester uni website - that they aim to respond to applications received by the 15th Jan by the 31st March. If you're that bothered, all you can do is directly contact these universities applicant services and ask them because no one on this thread is going to be able to give you some specific answer for when those unis will respond to you specifically.
Reply 10
Hi

I'm applying too for the Healthcare Foundation Year - I'm currently in an apprenticeship
Reply 11
I applied for Law and received an offer on the 14th December :smile:
I’m currently studying a level law, philosophy and English
I have just had offers from the University of Worcester, De Montfort University and Coventry University. Here are the details:

Your choices
Offers received
(Conditional offer)
Last updated
26 Jan 2021
View
Coventry University C85
(Conditional offer)
Last updated
18 Jan 2021
View
(Conditional offer)
Last updated
18 Jan 2021
I am still waiting for an offer from the University of Wolverhampton. Here are the details:

Waiting for decisions
(Referred)
Last updated
15 Jan 2021

You know this is the Worcester thread right...
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by WantBeAnonymous
You know this is the Worcester thread right...

Yes, I am aware this is the Worcester thread but this talks about my offer from the University of Worcester.
Yes, I am aware this is the Worcester thread but this talks about my offer from the University of Worcester.

But you continually post about the other unis too
Original post by WantBeAnonymous
But you continually post about the other unis too

Yes, I do continually post about the other unis too because I want you to know what the situation is with them.
Reply 16
Original post by Manooka

Hi everyone! I'm stuck between which uni to go to between Worcester, Gloucestershire and Cardiff. I have tried to find reviews for Law at Worcester and I've spent ages looking online and have struggled to find any! The course is ranked 87th/104th but I know the course is very new and is very promising so please if you anyone could help that would be great!

Thanks!
Original post by LGJ1712
Hi everyone! I'm stuck between which uni to go to between Worcester, Gloucestershire and Cardiff. I have tried to find reviews for Law at Worcester and I've spent ages looking online and have struggled to find any! The course is ranked 87th/104th but I know the course is very new and is very promising so please if you anyone could help that would be great!

Thanks!

Hi, I've also applied to Worcester for Law, I can't speak for the other two unis as I never considered them but what drew me toward Worcester was the how rapidly they've risen the ranks given how new the course is. I'm sure I've seen that they were ranked far higher than 87th. They've also been nominated for university of the year a couple of times in recent years from an overall standpoint so I defo felt like they were a great option especially given they're not a "big" uni.

There's also been some law lectures that they've been running on a Wednesday which are great, you could send them an email and see if they'd add you to their email list so you could get a taster.
Original post by Manooka

Hi! I've accepted an offer to study Physiotherapy at Worcester, and have posted a lil ice-breaker thread for health professions course offer-holders. I'm currently working on my Access to HE (Health Professions) course, and can't wait to come to Worcester.
Original post by Manooka

Biochemistry
Biology, chemistry, psychology

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending