The Student Room Group

Gcse English

Hi can someone help me. Im doing my gcse speech about abortion and have no idea how to start it.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi can someone help me. Im doing my gcse speech about abortion and have no idea how to start it.

maybe start with a rhetorical question like, what do you think of an abortion? You can start with like a simple fact such as, opinions on abortion vary from person to person..(then go on to roughly explain some opinions and later in your speech develop on them more). Starting with keywords is the way i like to go, first write a title for your speech, what its mainly about e.g. "what are various opinions about abortion?" - then focus on the words "various", "opinion" and "abortion" explain what they are and the effect they have (going back to the first point you could start with "what is an abortion?"), if your title is something like "why abortion should be banned" explain the words "abortion" and "banned" (usually i just use a dictionary to help me start with the definitions) and if your title is "why abortions should be normalised" explain normalization and how its not in effect yet.
i dunno if this is any good but i hope it helps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending