The Student Room Group

Do you have to tie your hair up working in a hospital?

If you're a female with hair longer than shoulder length, do you have to tie it up when working in a hospital?
I look really horrible and like a man with my hair tied up, so I might scare the patients if i'm not allowed to wear it down.
Whenever I try to tie it into a bun, random pieces of hair start sticking out within 5 minutes. I am hopeless with hair styles :redface:.
Yes. It's not sanitary to you or anybody else to have hair dangling everywhere and getting into everything. Don't worry, you're there to provide care, not look attractive.
Reply 2
Original post by TheAnxiousSloth
If you're a female with hair longer than shoulder length, do you have to tie it up when working in a hospital?
I look really horrible and like a man with my hair tied up, so I might scare the patients if i'm not allowed to wear it down.
Whenever I try to tie it into a bun, random pieces of hair start sticking out within 5 minutes. I am hopeless with hair styles :redface:.

Use a hair net to keep your bun tidy. The patients won't care what someone looks like, more how they are being treated.
Original post by Ramipril
Yes. It's not sanitary to you or anybody else to have hair dangling everywhere and getting into everything. Don't worry, you're there to provide care, not look attractive.

Original post by Surnia
Use a hair net to keep your bun tidy. The patients won't care what someone looks like, more how they are being treated.

Thank you! Is it okay to wear a fitbit watch?

Also, do you put scrubs/tunics on top of your own clothes or just get changed completely when you arrive?

Also, do you put scrubs/tunics on top of your own clothes or just get changed completely when you arrive?

I would have thought a watch in clinical areas would break bare below elbows infection control policy
Yes I had my hair in a half up half down ponytail and the nurse was like "no, you need to tie your hair up", apparently Corona could attach to someone's hair, and stuff since then always wore my hair up
Original post by Surnia

Some actually do care what you look like, and your skin colour noticeably too.

I've had people say I had lovely eyes, and some telling me next time they'd get a "white gentlemen to make their tea" for no reason

:smile: which was fair enough

You don't wear your own clothes underneath nursing uniforms as you change into your uniform in changing / locker room and then change out them again on completion of your shift

You can pin a nurse watch to your uniform tunic as not allowed anything else .
Hair must be tied back.
Original post by kekedoyouloveme?
Yes I had my hair in a half up half down ponytail and the nurse was like "no, you need to tie your hair up", apparently Corona could attach to someone's hair, and stuff since then always wore my hair up

Okay thank you, so is it okay to tie my hair up in a pony tail instead of in a bun?
Okay thank you, so is it okay to tie my hair up in a pony tail instead of in a bun?

yh ig

Latest

Trending

Trending