The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
You know what's even better than both of them though? Biophysics. What a way to unify the natural sciences, eh?
Reply 21
Oogamy
Biology generally appeals to people on a more personal level. Physics can only do the same if the person feels that way about mathematics, and a lot of people don't.

They're both bloody amazing.

I agree. I've only chosen Biology because it's the one I'm planning to study at a higher level and because the poor bugger is losing :biggrin:
Reply 22
Physics, Biology just doesn't do it for me.
In general terms i would definitely choose biology over physics

Sadly, our exam system (A-Level and below) makes a mockery of biology by over-simplifying it and removing all need for common sense - instead replacing it with the need to have a photographic memory
lol
Reply 25
I think we could do biology without physics.... but we wouldn't be as far along in our understanding without it of course
Well, the poll shows physics so...
Physics...biology is just a memory game, it might be complicated some of it, but its still just a memory test. Physics you have to memorise, yeh, but you've got to apply that knowledge to actual problems and know when to use a certain theorem!
I'l give you that physics can be a bit of a sausage fest tho!
Reply 28
If you want to study life you study biology. Physics might be going a tad too far for some people.
Original post by maksims
If you want to study life you study biology. Physics might be going a tad too far for some people.

This is a very old thread, if you wish you make a post, please make a new thread instead of bumping old ones :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending