The Student Room Group

Has anyone dealt with CICA before? Need some advice on a claim

Hi guys, this is probably a little farther afield for the topics discussed on this forum but I'm hoping that anyone is who knowledgable in criminal injury law or CICA could help me get my claim.

So to put a long story short, I feel like CICA is refusing to pay me my award that was granted by the government.

The reason I got this grant was that my mother has a record of mental health issues to which greatly influenced her to burn my hands when I was 3 by placing them on the top of an oven heating element as a punishment for something I didn't actually do.

After this happened social services told my foster parents, who then became and are still today the legal guardianship that I was to be given a grant as compensation for a trip to see Gambia when I turn 18 (my mother is Gambian so it was seen as a way to reconnect with my family for a holiday). However, I'll probably use the money as a means to move out and support myself.

It's been around 3 months since I turned 18 and I've been chasing this claim ever since. I've been passed around a lot within that 3-month timeframe from person to person and quite honestly I'm fed up with it.

My foster parents have been helping me a lot with this claim as they have more experience with this stuff than I do. Tomorrow I'm going to ring them myself to see if it makes a difference.

Have you guys ever dealt with CICA before and do you have any advice to get my money?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending