The Student Room Group

TSR I-SOC (Islamic Society) Mk. XVII

Scroll to see replies

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

I wanted name ideas for an islamic content page I'm thinking of the following please feel free to share others you can think of:

Deenar (deen mixed with dinar)
Deen-al-haqq
Deen-as-salam
Thedeenfeed
DeenAli (my middle name is Ali)
DeeNur
AmirDeen
Qadr
Sabr
SunnahDeen
Travellingdeen
HooDeeni
Reply 421
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

I had a few questions I hoped you could help me with please.

Firstly, I've started to pray at work in the office space I can find and I've been using a Masjid app to find the Qibla. But I find it changes depending on which room I'm in (on the ground floor or first floor) so I'm struggling to be comfortable in making sure I am facing the Qibla. Any apps that can easily reassure me? I had a quick look on Google Qibla but that confused me!

Also, I know my brother fasts on a Monday and Thursday and primarily for my health - to lose weight - I've thought about fasting on a Monday but I wanted to ask can you fast for a specific thing and when would you make your intention of said thing?

Jazakallah Khayr
Reply 422
The Blessed Day of Arafat Worship Plan

The best day of the entire year is upon us - The blessed day of Arafat!

10 things we can do to make the best of the Blessed Day of Arafat:

Out of 365 days in a year, the day of Arafat has been singled out to be the best day of all. Even better than any day of Ramadan. Therefore we cannot possibly afford to miss out on the immense rewards that are available on this most special day. This is a day where we can change our lives forever & get closer to Allah & gain forgiveness for an entire lifetime of sins:

The Prophet (SallAllaahu Alayhi wa sallam) said: "There is no day when Allah sets free more slaves from the Fire than the day of 'Arafat. He (Allaah) draws near, then He boasts about them before the Angels and says: 'What do these people want?'" (Muslim)

It is a day when the reward of good deeds are increased significantly. For eg. If there was a sale on where everything was buy 1 get 70 free you would see people queuing for miles and even trampling on each other to get such a deal. But in reality the day of Arafat is far more valuable than this. So we should grab as much as we can on this blessed day!

The following is a worship plan for the day of Arafat:

1. Intend to fast on this special day: The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) was asked about fasting on the day of Arafah. He replied, "Fasting on the day of Arafat is an expiation (for sins) for the preceding year and the following year...[Muslim]

SubhanAllah! Refer to your local Masjid prayer timetable to for Suhur (When Fajr begins) and Iftaar (When Maghrib begins) times.

2. Prepare food for Suhur before sleeping and sleep early in order to awaken a little earlier for the Tahajjud prayer. Surely Allah listens to the prayers of those who ask of him in the depths of the night when most people are asleep.

Ensure you eat something for Suhoor as there is a blessing during this time, even if it is a date, and then pray Tahajjud & intense Dua until Fajr begins.

3. Pray the 5 prayers on time - In congregation at the Masjid for men.

4. Pray the 12 Rakah Sunnah's on this day - For a reward of a palace in Jannah! ( 2 Rakah Sunnah - Fajr, 4 & 2 Rakah Sunnah - Dhuhur, 2 Rakah Sunnah - Maghrib & 2 Rakah Sunnah - Isha)

5. Pray many Nawafil (Voluntary) prayers
as much as possible on this day particularly Tahajjud which is the best Nawafil prayer - 2-8 Rakah just before Fajr begins, 2 - 8 Rakah Nawafil Salaatul Duha between 20 mins after sunrise until before Dhuhur begins, 2 Rakah Nawafil in Dhuhur, 2 Rakah Nawafil in Maghrib, 2 Rakah in Isha & 2 Rakah Nawafil in Isha. 2 Rakah Nawafil after every Wudu & 2 Rakah Nawafil whenever at the Masjid.

6. Recite the following constantly during this blessed day no matter what you are doing: Subhanallah, Alhamdulillah, Allahu Akbar, La ilaha ilallah.

Make a target of reciting at least 1000 each or however many is realistic for you. While doing so think of what you are saying and also contemplate on the greatness of Allah.

7. Recite the Quran as much as possible. Make a target for yourself. Three Juz (chapter), two, one, half a Juz, or even a page.

8. Make much Dua on this blessed day:

The day of Arafaat is the day of Dua. We should make a pre prepared list of what we want to ask Allah on this auspicious day.

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: "The best du'aa is du'aa of the day of 'Arafah...(Tirmidhi)

Repent and thank Allah and ask of him your hearts desires, needs and wants. Make sure you make the most of the blessed times to make Dua which are 20-30 minutes before Fajr begins & 20-30 minutes before Maghrib begins.

9. Give much Charity as much as you canafford on this day - whether it is £1000, £500, £250 £100, £50, £25, £10 or whatever change you have. If you have not given Qurbani yet then there is no better time than on this blessed day:

10. Take every opportunity to do good deeds on this blessed day whether it is by serving your parents, being good to your neighbours, being the best towards other people no matter how they are towards you solely to please Allah.

Good manners & character are the heaviest on the good deed scales so be the best person you can be. Even a smile to your fellow Muslim or moving an object from the path is reward. Every act can be a reward with good intentions and sincerity.

Please forward to as many people as you can so all can benefit from this as it will be a great reward for anyone who acts upon this.

So let us make the best of this most blessed day. Remember there is no guarantee we will be alive tomorrow let alone next year. So if you want to make life changes and get closer to Allah then there is no better time to do so than now. Our enemy satan only wants us to keep putting off these changes until death takes us when it will be too late.

May Allah enable us to make the best of this blessed day and make it a means for us to change our lives for the better forever by making us fully immerse into the deen and to get closer to him. Ameen
Reply 423
*Give Generously on the Best Day of the Year & the Best Charity is to provide Water*

Yemen is facing the world's worst water crisis with over 19.3 million people without access to safe, clean drinking water & sanitation.

On this blessed day I'm raising for 1500 litre water tanks, which are refilled monthly for an entire year, for families to use for drinking, cleaning, wudhu etc.The costs for the 1500 litre water tanks for each family:

£16 - 1 month
£48 - 3 months
£96 - 6 months
£192-1 year - (Feedback can be provided with any name on the Water tank, if you provide a name & email address)

The Prophet said. The best charity is giving Water to drink. (Ahmed).

Giving charity on this blessed day is better than any other time of the year.

https://www.justgiving.com/page/water4familiesyemen

100% Donations policy - Sadaqah, Zakat is applicable, Paypal accepted

OneNationUk.org - Registered Charity No:1156200
*Important Reminder - Fasting of Ashura*

Fast the Day of Ashura (10th of Muharram) for forgiveness for the previous year's sins:

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “Fasting the day of ‘Ashura’ I hope Allah will expiate thereby (erase sins) for the year that came before it.” [Muslim,1162]

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said, “Next year, if Allah wills, we will also fast on the 9th day.” But by the following year he had passed away. [Muslim,1134]

Ibn Hajar (Ra) said this is to differ from the Jews who also venerate this day. Imam Ahmed (RA) recommended fasting all 3 days (9th, 10th & 11th) which is best.

*Dates of fasting:*

9th Muharram - Thurs 27th July

*10th Muharram (Ashura) - Fri 28th July*

11th Muharram - Sat 29th July
IMG-20230726-WA0036__01.jpg
Asalaamualaykum.

It has been a long time since last login. I was doing some early morning contemplation and I recalled my TSR days. This place is quite quiet compared to how it used to be. I hope all of you, especially the members who I knew, are well. May Allah (swt) bless you all. I hope your lives are going the way you wanted, and if they're not, then may Allah give you something better. I really did enjoy being part of this community for many years so I truly pray that Allah (swt) grant you people the best in this life and the next life.

I hope you guys can forgive me for any wrongs committed against you over the years. So if I was rude or unpleasant during an argument or debate or did anything else unjust towards you, then please forgive me for that. I wronged one person more greatly than I did anyone else, so I hope if they read this one day and recognize that I mean them then I am very sorry.

~ Sheikh Google (AKA IdeasForLife).
Reply 427
Original post by Sheikh Google
Asalaamualaykum.

It has been a long time since last login. I was doing some early morning contemplation and I recalled my TSR days. This place is quite quiet compared to how it used to be. I hope all of you, especially the members who I knew, are well. May Allah (swt) bless you all. I hope your lives are going the way you wanted, and if they're not, then may Allah give you something better. I really did enjoy being part of this community for many years so I truly pray that Allah (swt) grant you people the best in this life and the next life.

I hope you guys can forgive me for any wrongs committed against you over the years. So if I was rude or unpleasant during an argument or debate or did anything else unjust towards you, then please forgive me for that. I wronged one person more greatly than I did anyone else, so I hope if they read this one day and recognize that I mean them then I am very sorry.

~ Sheikh Google (AKA IdeasForLife).

Wa 'aleykum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatu

I forgive you, sock bro
Original post by Zamestaneh
Wa 'aleykum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatu

I forgive you, sock bro

Your forgiveness is much appreciated :colonhash:
Reply 429
Assalamoalikum, how is everyone? Been a while since I was on TSR (about 5/6 years I think) it's odd but so familiar. All grown up now haha. Hope everyone is keeping well inshallah.
Hi, just a disclaimer please don't preach to me I am on my early morning thoughts. I truly believe Islam is a beautiful religion. I now live in south London with a big Muslim population so I have a lot of Muslim friends and come in contact with them daily. And the actions of others speaks to me, and the Muslim friends I keep in my small circle that are pure at heart are always quick to forgive and not judge you. And its because of them that I took an interest in Islam. cuz so many ppl I know hold grudges and seek revenge. Even for the smallest of things. Don't get it twisted though I know plenty of Muslims that are corrupt and just pure evil. And I ain't no different, I am scum, at one point I was literally pure evil! I would lie and manipulate just about anyone to get what I want from them for my own personal gain not even caring the hurt I left them. Or trust issues. I am a disgusting person, no doubt about that. But I only realised that once I started chasing money and girls and trying to reach that set goal. And when I reached my goal and got what I wanted, that feeling of euphoria I thought I would feel was a myth. It wasn't there I was still empty inside. Like no amount of money or attention from others could help fill that void in me. And I truly believe once I allowed greed to sew its seed in my heart it allowed darkness to just grow and corrupt. Fortunately I realised this, and decided to step back and take a closer look at my surrounding and understand this world and whats inside it, is not it. So I know there is a creator I have no doubt. And it was only from watching my Muslim friends and seeing the way they interact with each other with such pure intentions, that I am studying Islam and reading the Quran. I just hate when they preach to me. I don't believe nothing should be forced. If its meant to be then so be it. And like they say god guides whoever he chooses. So I think everything should be left in the hands of god. But one thing whenever I hear the Quran being recited I feel at peace like all my troubles are gone for that brief moment. I will definitely continue to look into Islam. I just hope those I have hurt will one day find it in them to forgive me as I was corrupted my greed. And it hurts me everyday knowing who I used to be.

Anyway have a lovely weekend and god bless.
If only the youth of today knew what this Isoc thread once was. An ode to life itself, you are until you aren't. A once thriving community: love, anger, passion, enemies and companions all reduced to digital dust and the rare remembrance - recalled only because of an old nasheed I heard when I use to frequent this page. Every moment existing only on our scales now. Brutal, right? Zamestaneh the last one of us to claim the isoc thread. A fallen empire.
Ramadan Mubarak to you all!

I can see that this thread along with many others that used to be incredibly active has really died down so this may be a long shot but - if there is anyone that used to be around here in 2014/2015/ 2016/ 2017 - such as @ThatMuslimGuy ]ideas Ash @Zamestaneh - I would really appreciate it you could PM me, please!

I hope you are all doing well :smile:
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending