The Student Room Group

cancelling contracts for accommodation

I'm stuck with flatmates who are very noisy despite my attempts to tell them to be quiet. We've had complaints from others about the noise but it doesn't help.
I'm in private accommodation and but I've signed a contract till the summer. Is there any way I can cancel? Or does anyone have any advice?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm stuck with flatmates who are very noisy despite my attempts to tell them to be quiet. We've had complaints from others about the noise but it doesn't help.
I'm in private accommodation and but I've signed a contract till the summer. Is there any way I can cancel? Or does anyone have any advice?

You would have to look at your contract to see if there's anything about getting out early, or what to do if you want to get out early. You may have to find a replacement tenant yourself.
depends what it says on the contract? what does it say?
also they are probably in breach of the contract too, as they usually say things like cant cause announce to other flats etc, what does the contract say about that? maybe speak to the landlord first

It would depend on your contract whether you have an out.
Have you only just moved in?
Noise cancelling headphones would solve the immediate problem.

You'll probably have to advertise your room and get a replacement. It's very unlikely you would be able to cancel the contract.
If it's that bad, is moving home an option?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending