The Student Room Group

Bank of England Degree Apprenticeship

Just been accepted for an interview to become a degree apprentice here. I want this position more than anything - any tips for the interview stage? Has anyone got this role/done the interview?

Would appreciate Assessment Centre tips too. Just advice in general from anyone there/with experience would be greatly appreciated.

Scroll to see replies

hi!
mid-application so i don't have any advice for you, sorry! just wanted to know the amount of time it took between submitting your assessments and receiving the interview invitation if you don't mind me asking.
diana <3
Original post by diana2018
hi!
mid-application so i don't have any advice for you, sorry! just wanted to know the amount of time it took between submitting your assessments and receiving the interview invitation if you don't mind me asking.
diana <3

hey x it honestly took no time at all! i literally submitted my results and received an email within the hour. i'm assuming i passed and then got sent an automated email because it was pretty much instant. hope this helps xxx i'm applying for Digital and Technology, what about you?:smile:
Original post by bassplayer347
hey x it honestly took no time at all! i literally submitted my results and received an email within the hour. i'm assuming i passed and then got sent an automated email because it was pretty much instant. hope this helps xxx i'm applying for Digital and Technology, what about you?:smile:

I’m applying for the economics one :smile: have you also applied for university or just apprenticeships?
I haven’t submitted all of my assessments yet as I feel like I didn’t do very well on the maths assessment :frown: I didn’t read the questions properly and some of them timed out before I could press submit. Hopefully it will all go well once I’ve submitted my logic one.
I’ve done a practice assessment centre through a social mobility charity and the main tips I remember were to participate and show you can work as part of a group.
I’m applying for the economics one :smile: have you also applied for university or just apprenticeships?
I haven’t submitted all of my assessments yet as I feel like I didn’t do very well on the maths assessment :frown: I didn’t read the questions properly and some of them timed out before I could press submit. Hopefully it will all go well once I’ve submitted my logic one.
I’ve done a practice assessment centre through a social mobility charity and the main tips I remember were to participate and show you can work as part of a group.

Nice! Yeah I'm applying to uni as well but due to personal circumstances, I probably won't be able to go. I'd rather do a degree apprenticeship anyway (either way, I really want my BSc lol)

Please just submit them! Trust me, I did so poorly in the maths one (I've already failed like two online assessments from other companies). If you don't submit it/leave it too late, you'll regret it so much and you've really got nothing to lose.

I'm literally about to do my interview in like 30 mins so I'll let you know how it goes (wish me luck!!). I've watched so many videos on assessment centres and I feel fine about it now :smile:
Nice! Yeah I'm applying to uni as well but due to personal circumstances, I probably won't be able to go. I'd rather do a degree apprenticeship anyway (either way, I really want my BSc lol)

Please just submit them! Trust me, I did so poorly in the maths one (I've already failed like two online assessments from other companies). If you don't submit it/leave it too late, you'll regret it so much and you've really got nothing to lose.

I'm literally about to do my interview in like 30 mins so I'll let you know how it goes (wish me luck!!). I've watched so many videos on assessment centres and I feel fine about it now :smile:

I just submitted my assessments! I feel I did so badly on maths and logic, especially logic... wtf was that :frown:
I was panicking a little but after 15 mins I got the email for a video interview so that's definitely put my mind at ease :biggrin: I will probably do it tomorrow because I need to do a little more research even though we've done a lot about the Bank of England in class.
Good luck at your interview! I'm sure you'll ace it.
I lied :biggrin: I got too restless and just did it now. I did some research and realised I already knew a lot of it, so I took the plunge.
I did waffle quite a bit but I think it went alright. Standard job interview questions to be honest.
How was yours? x
I just submitted my assessments! I feel I did so badly on maths and logic, especially logic... wtf was that :frown:
I was panicking a little but after 15 mins I got the email for a video interview so that's definitely put my mind at ease :biggrin: I will probably do it tomorrow because I need to do a little more research even though we've done a lot about the Bank of England in class.
Good luck at your interview! I'm sure you'll ace it.

Good job, congratulations!! I honestly don't even remember the logic one, or any of them really lol

My advice after doing the interview: do some research but don't stress over it, as I only got one question on my knowledge of the bank and it was 'What do you know about the Bank of England and how did you find this out?' If my memory serves me, the other questions were like this:
- 'Why do you want to apply for your position?'
- 'Can you think of a time when you had to work with others to get something done?'
- 'When was a situation where you had to get lots of tasks done in a short space of time?'
- 'When was a time when you had to challenge assumptions?'

I honestly wasn't expecting them to be so generic!!! I had done so much research to prepare, so it was a bit of a shock but I think I did okay. Good luck with yours and let me know how it goes :smile:
Good job, congratulations!! I honestly don't even remember the logic one, or any of them really lol

My advice after doing the interview: do some research but don't stress over it, as I only got one question on my knowledge of the bank and it was 'What do you know about the Bank of England and how did you find this out?' If my memory serves me, the other questions were like this:
- 'Why do you want to apply for your position?'
- 'Can you think of a time when you had to work with others to get something done?'
- 'When was a situation where you had to get lots of tasks done in a short space of time?'
- 'When was a time when you had to challenge assumptions?'

I honestly wasn't expecting them to be so generic!!! I had done so much research to prepare, so it was a bit of a shock but I think I did okay. Good luck with yours and let me know how it goes :smile:

sorry for the late response! been a busy week. i think it went ok... I hope it did haha. have you got any response yet?
Original post by diana_rita
sorry for the late response! been a busy week. i think it went ok... I hope it did haha. have you got any response yet?

same here, sorry! i'm sure you did great. i haven't received any responses yet but I think it might be a while... like January or something to be honest. what did you think of the interview?
same here, sorry! i'm sure you did great. i haven't received any responses yet but I think it might be a while... like January or something to be honest. what did you think of the interview?

I’ve done interviews of the same style for part time jobs so it went fine for me. Yeah they’ll only get back to us when the applications close. Did you go to the meet & engage things? I thought they weren’t very helpful to be honest
Original post by diana_rita
I’ve done interviews of the same style for part time jobs so it went fine for me. Yeah they’ll only get back to us when the applications close. Did you go to the meet & engage things? I thought they weren’t very helpful to be honest

ah good for you, i'm sure you did great. i'd never done anything like that but i've done in-person interviews before and they went really well so i can't really complain. i didn't go to the meet and engage sessions just because i couldn't really fit them into my schedule, but that's interesting. what did they talk about?
Did anyone get through to the assessment centre?
Original post by Fst73829
Did anyone get through to the assessment centre?

no :frown: i was really upset since apprenticeships are the only way i can go to uni and this is the one i wanted the most but to be fair, it was my first ever application and i'm glad i progressed to the interview stage lol.

what about you?
[
no :frown: i was really upset since apprenticeships are the only way i can go to uni and this is the one i wanted the most but to be fair, it was my first ever application and i'm glad i progressed to the interview stage lol.

what about you?

I’m so sorry about that. Good luck with any other applications, I’m sure you’ll have more success elsewhere!!
I did get through and have it on the 19th. Really nervous as I haven’t done an assessment centre before and haven’t been given much guidance in terms of what to expect either. And with it being virtual it’s even more unpredictable.
(edited 3 years ago)
[

I’m so sorry about that. Good luck with any other applications, I’m sure you’ll have more success elsewhere!!
I did get through and have it on the 19th. Really nervous as I haven’t done an assessment centre before and haven’t been given much guidance in terms of what to expect either. And with it being virtual it’s even more unpredictable.

wow congratulations ! :smile: and thank you, i'm trying haha

maybe i'm lucky i didn't get invited since the 19th is my birthday lmao but i'm sure you'll do great, everyone else is in the same position as you so you really have nothing to worry about. whether you succeed or not it's still a learning experience :smile: but best of luck!
wow congratulations ! :smile: and thank you, i'm trying haha

maybe i'm lucky i didn't get invited since the 19th is my birthday lmao but i'm sure you'll do great, everyone else is in the same position as you so you really have nothing to worry about. whether you succeed or not it's still a learning experience :smile: but best of luck!

Hope you have a great bday and thank youuu
Anyone been offered a place?
Reply 18
Anyone been offered a place?

hello, im currently applying for the professional economist apprenticeship for BoE. Any tips on the interview and assessment centre please?
Reply 19
have you heard back`?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending