The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bristol is much easier. Warwick is world class.
WOLLSMOTH
Bristol is much easier. Warwick is world class.

but bristol is still something ridiculous like 20:1 places or is that an exaggeration as i've been made aware of on TSR
Warwick is in a tier above for economics, so no point comparing; bristol economics can only be really compared to Nottingham economics and the like. Warwick is a lot more competitive reflected by the higher tariff - normally around 40 points higher.
prospectivEEconomist
Warwick is in a tier above for economics, so no point comparing; bristol economics can only be really compared to Nottingham economics and the like. Warwick is a lot more competitive reflected by the higher tariff - normally around 40 points higher.

do you know the application:ratio of nottingham? since you're already there if not i'll stop being lazy and go find it :P
9 to 1 for 2007 intake.
prospectivEEconomist
9 to 1 for 2007 intake.

ty :smile: ahh that's not too bad, makes me think though does that mean Bristol applicants to ratio is highly exaggerated if it's on the same tier as Nottingham?
Average tariff was 480. They have 250 places and about 2300 applicants, but only about 110 for straight economics; others are reserved for second rate courses like economics and hispanic/chinese/french/philosophy/german/russian studies.
Reply 8
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
The reason i ask this is because my predicted grades have ****ed me over basically (even though i didn't exactly do bad :s-smilie:) and i'm going towards a less risky application route. I've tried changing predicted grades but that's not happening

It would help if we knew your predicted/AS results, did you do much worse than you expected?
econ-hec
It would help if we knew your predicted/AS results, did you do much worse than you expected?

I got AAAB (4 marks off an A) i have been predicted A A/B A/B -.-
Which subjects? Those AS grades should be fine for UCL/Warwick and LSE.
They are both very very good institutions, however personally I'd place Warwick above Bristol.
prospectivEEconomist
Which subjects? Those AS grades should be fine for UCL/Warwick and LSE.

A Maths
A French
A Psychology
B Economics XD although i'm 4 marks off due to a paper i ****ed up in, resit should do it or no resit if i'm lucky.

Theyre not cashed in btw so only chance unis will find out is if my teachers mention it in reference but if they do i'm afraid that universities will overlook it as it's not as easy to see as A A A B on ucas form if you know what i mean
holdyourcolour
They are both very very good institutions, however personally I'd place Warwick above Bristol.

lol that's not the point :P i know they're both good but which one is easier to get into
lol that's not the point :P i know they're both good but which one is easier to get into

Public or State school?
(Yes I'm being serious)
holdyourcolour
Public or State school?
(Yes I'm being serious)

private school kid here XD and yea i know about the whole bristol and private school kids thing
Are you applying to Nottingham abcd?
private school kid here XD and yea i know about the whole bristol and private school kids thing

Warwick, by some distance.
Their course is some 3 times the size of Bristols, and they throw quite a few offers out the door (as seen last year with about 40/50 extra people than expected).

And yes, of course there is the simple fact that Bristol are trying to reform their image.
Your AS grades are very good for either and your predicted grades are good too. Do not worry too much that you are not predicted AAA, there will be people who did not get AAAB or better at AS level, yet they'll be predicted AAA. So that could work in your favour or it might not. I think both universities will take into account similar/diffrent factors when making their decision. Overall, I think Warwick might be harder to get into simply because it has that "edge" over Bristol? Try getting in touch with the admissions tutors and ask them what they specifically want...maybe that might help.
prospectivEEconomist
Are you applying to Nottingham abcd?

I wasn't planning on applying before i created this thread as it was only between warwick and bristol but after what you have said i think i may apply for either warwick bristol or nottingham

Latest

Trending

Trending