The Student Room Group

Nuclear Graduate Programme

Hi,

Has anyone got an upcoming virtual assessment centre for Sellafield/other company and know what to expect? Had an in-person assessment centre last year was just looking for some advice for a virtual one?
Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi Kate did you end up doing the virtual assessment centre for Sellafield? I had mine almost 2 weeks ago.

Original post by Katee446
Hi,

Has anyone got an upcoming virtual assessment centre for Sellafield/other company and know what to expect? Had an in-person assessment centre last year was just looking for some advice for a virtual one?
Thanks
Reply 2
Hi ICEng99, yes had my virtual assessment centre 3 weeks ago. How did you find yours? It was all a bit strange being virtually and hard for the group exercise with all the data to share.
Reply 3
Hi ICEng99, yes had my virtual assessment centre 3 weeks ago. How did you find yours? It was all a bit strange being virtually and hard for the group exercise with all the data to share.

I thought my interview went well, same I found the group project quite weird it was harder trying to collaborate over zoom. The 30 mins for the written exercise whizzed by and I ended up rushing my conclusion a little bit. Which program did you apply for and have you heard back from them yet?
Reply 4
Original post by ICEng99
I thought my interview went well, same I found the group project quite weird it was harder trying to collaborate over zoom. The 30 mins for the written exercise whizzed by and I ended up rushing my conclusion a little bit. Which program did you apply for and have you heard back from them yet?

Yes I thought the individual went okay and I felt the same about the written exercise. Was quite surprised by having to answer a question first thing. The group was probably the hardest to try hear everyone out and get a robust conclusion in such a short space of time, especially when only one person had the figures.

Yes I heard back yesterday and wasn’t successful. I’m pretty disappointed as I thought it went okay and got involved as much as I could in the group. Oh well, they only had 50-60 positions and over 2000 people first applied so I’m happy I got that far! I applied for environmental support!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
Yes I thought the individual went okay and I felt the same about the written exercise. Was quite surprised by having to answer a question first thing. The group was probably the hardest to try hear everyone out and get a robust conclusion in such a short space of time, especially when only one person had the figures.

Yes I heard back yesterday and wasn’t successful. I’m pretty disappointed as I thought it went okay and got involved as much as I could in the group. Oh well, they only had 50-60 positions and over 2000 people first applied so I’m happy I got that far! I applied for environmental support!

Aaah that's a shame I applied for engineering and maintenance and got an offer on the phone a few days ago. I feel extremely lucky they mentioned at the assessment centre how competitive it was this year.
Reply 6
Original post by ICEng99
Aaah that's a shame I applied for engineering and maintenance and got an offer on the phone a few days ago. I feel extremely lucky they mentioned at the assessment centre how competitive it was this year.

Aw that’s great well done!! Yeah was tough but onto the next one I guess.
Original post by ICEng99

Hi

Congrats on securing the role last year! I had a virtual assessment centre around 2 weeks ago for the sellafield engineering and maintenance graduate role and was wondering how long after should I expect to hear a reply? Thank you.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Treestar5
Hi

Congrats on securing the role last year! I had a virtual assessment centre around 2 weeks ago for the sellafield engineering and maintenance graduate role and was wondering how long after should I expect to hear a reply? Thank you.

I got a verbal offer over the phone less than a week after my assessment centre but only got emailed my written offer a few weeks later once all the places had been decided.
Original post by Treestar5
Hi

Hi Treestar,
I did my AC for the same role on the 12th, I emailed today to ask (as they said last week of Jan) and they gave me an offer over the phone and said offers would be emailed on Monday. Best of luck!
Hi Treestar5, I had an AC on the 12th for the same position, I emailed today and they called back to say they had only just decided on the offers. Said the offer will come via an email on Monday and accepted me over the phone. Best of luck!
Original post by ChemEngTipton
Hi Treestar,
I did my AC for the same role on the 12th, I emailed today to ask (as they said last week of Jan) and they gave me an offer over the phone and said offers would be emailed on Monday. Best of luck!

Hey thanks for replying. Did they mention how many positions they offered for the engineering and maintenance role?
I think they are taking 96 on total? I'm not sure whether this is including safety engineers as well
Was anyone at the assessment centre last week and heard anything?
(edited 2 years ago)
I have my AC really soon, are there any tips you can give me as there isn’t a timetable for this and I feel so unprepared. All I know is that ill have to make a presentation and group work (based of this thread) but it goes for 7 hours and I feel so lost. I have no idea what the day will entail.
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi, which role have you applied for? I think it may change a bit depending on role!
Original post by eleanor.white
Hi, which role have you applied for? I think it may change a bit depending on role!

Thank you for your reply, I applied for the risk graduate scheme. Yeah, I understand you but if there is anything that advice you could share, I would be able to transfer it into my preparation.
Hi,

Thanks

can anyone help? my assessment centre for nucleargraduates is closing in, and i don't feel properly prepared

Hi there. I have a virtual assessment centre with Sellafield next week. I never had to do an assessment centre before and am not sure what to expect. Would you please be able to let me know what sort of things were expected from you?
Thanks 🙂
Reply 19
Original post by BananaPeach
Hi there. I have a virtual assessment centre with Sellafield next week. I never had to do an assessment centre before and am not sure what to expect. Would you please be able to let me know what sort of things were expected from you?
Thanks 🙂

What was yours like? I have mine tomorrow, any tips or advice would be appreciated!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending