The Student Room Group

Nuclear Graduate Programme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SmashThatMFLike
500 is insanely stiff competition, no two ways about it. Again, I was even baffled that there were more than a couple dozen people at the NDA one. 200 was a conservative guess; I reckon I may have undercounted.
Either way, I can't say I'm confident that they'll get back to us even before Friday to be completely honest 🤣

You are probably right, I really don't like that they have given some people offers before everyone else, it just causes so much anxiety. Did you have to do a technical interview, I've found out some have gotten the role without doing one. I don't get this.
Original post by katynais6
You are probably right, I really don't like that they have given some people offers before everyone else, it just causes so much anxiety. Did you have to do a technical interview, I've found out some have gotten the role without doing one. I don't get this.

I agree - if anything, it just seems representative of a lack of coordination on their part. I didn't have to do a technical interview, and one of the guys I spoke to at my centre said he didn't either. Did you? All I had to do was provide a brief presentation on how I view my possible career trajectory over the next two years if I do get onto the programme.
I agree - if anything, it just seems representative of a lack of coordination on their part. I didn't have to do a technical interview, and one of the guys I spoke to at my centre said he didn't either. Did you? All I had to do was provide a brief presentation on how I view my possible career trajectory over the next two years if I do get onto the programme.

I had to do that presentation and answer a few additional questions, wasn't fully technical and again it's weird for a technical interview to be not done by someone in the industry. Strange
Has anyone who hasn't recieved a response emailed them to ask?

I'm gonna email or ring them on Tuesday if I don't hear back today I think
Original post by Haiesharry

Yeah i'm temped too, did you apply to nuclear graduates or NDA?
Yeah i'm temped too, did you apply to nuclear graduates or NDA?

Nuclear Grads, Physics
Original post by Haiesharry

Some say no news is good news, but I've yet to experience that with job searching lol. The possibility of having to wait almost another week to hear back isn't entirely thrilling
(edited 4 weeks ago)
I typically get aired when I ask for updates weeks later, but perhaps it'd be different this time. Worth a shot perhaps they've just been rather busy though
(edited 4 weeks ago)
I typically get aired when I ask for updates weeks later, but perhaps it'd be different this time. Worth a shot perhaps they've just been rather busy though

They've been pretty speedy everytime I've emailed them.

Hopefully they wouldn't have rang us to tell that the outcome would be in 10 days if they were gonna completely ignore us aha, hopefully they're just delayed
For anyone anxious, my sister applied for the NDA group project management scheme. For other role streams and nucleargraduate people, they may not have finalised anything. If you care enough to be on this random thread, then I'm sure your passion came through at the assessment centre, meaning you have a great chance.
On a different note, did anyone else apply for travel expenses? I'm wondering cause I haven't had mine reimbused yet. Not urgent as I don't need the money immediately but I was wondering if anyone has heard anything on that front. I don't want to pester them for money while theyre still processing outcomes lol
i received my offer yesterday for NDA group over the phone
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Reply 93
Original post by pepper12
i received my offer yesterday for NDA group over the phone

Congrats! What pathway did you choose?
Original post by iFeyn
Congrats! What pathway did you choose?

thank you so much! and supply chain/procurement
Original post by pepper12
thank you so much! and supply chain/procurement

What time in the day roughly did they ring you?
Reply 96

deffo recommend asking if its past the deadline for when they said they'd get back to you, no harm in sending a followup email and it might jog the hiring teams memory - fwiw I followed up via email with Sellafield after weeks of not hearing anything and got an offer back a few days later 🤷
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Original post by Pedr0
deffo recommend asking if its past the deadline for when they said they'd get back to you, no harm in sending a followup email and it might jog the hiring teams memory - fwiw I followed up via email with Sellafield after weeks of not hearing anything and got an offer back a few days later 🤷

Cheers mate, saw your comments when I first stumbled on this thread. How long after the deadline did you message them, and how long did it take them to get back to you?
Original post by Sammy512
On a different note, did anyone else apply for travel expenses? I'm wondering cause I haven't had mine reimbused yet. Not urgent as I don't need the money immediately but I was wondering if anyone has heard anything on that front. I don't want to pester them for money while theyre still processing outcomes lol

I did and I got mine back yesterday, took them about two weeks
Reply 99
Cheers mate, saw your comments when I first stumbled on this thread. How long after the deadline did you message them, and how long did it take them to get back to you?

had my assessment centre 12th Dec, they said they'd call by the end of the month (iirc). I emailed them 10th Jan and got the offer 16th Jan. I didnt mention initially that I did follow up with them so thought i'd chime in lol. wishing all of you NDA/NG guys the best 🙏

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending