The Student Room Group

MPP at Blavatnik School of Government

Scroll to see replies

Hi. Nothing as of now. They did send a mail for a survey. Since then, I haven’t received any mail from BSG. Guys, please let us know when can we expect a mail from them.
Reply 41
Hi all,
So last year my brother received an email from BSG on 3rd of March for scheduling an interview a day after. His interview went for one long hour and thereafter on 13th March he received an offer.

Based on the above, I would say that we can receive an email from them anytime now 🤞🙂
Original post by Bari_K
Hi all,
So last year my brother received an email from BSG on 3rd of March for scheduling an interview a day after. His interview went for one long hour and thereafter on 13th March he received an offer.

Based on the above, I would say that we can receive an email from them anytime now 🤞🙂

Does he know how many people they interviewed last year? I talked with some MPP current students, and they didn't have interviews. So, that’s news for me.
Reply 43
Original post by politicspro
Does he know how many people they interviewed last year? I talked with some MPP current students, and they didn't have interviews. So, that’s news for me.

He is not aware as he didn’t get a chance to interact with others and that’s because he refused the offer.
can u share abit about his background? i wonder what made him so quick to receive an offer and why he rejected it.
Reply 45
The BSG website mentions this-
"No, applicants interviews are not usually conducted as part of our admissions process. If we’d like further information at the time of assessing your application, we may get in touch via email to request this from you."
So unless they want further information or any clarification from us, we may not be invited for an interview.
Let's wait and watch. I have gone through earlier threads and if they do require us to attend an interview, we should get an email by the end of this week.
Reply 46
Have you all submitted GRE scores? I wonder what minimum score is viewed favourably by the department
Reply 47
Original post by Aarontonggg
can u share abit about his background? i wonder what made him so quick to receive an offer and why he rejected it.

He is having an engineering background, a global shaper at World Economic Forum and led few initiatives in the public domain. The only reason for not accepting BSG offer was that he went for HKS.
Original post by sidv
Have you all submitted GRE scores? I wonder what minimum score is viewed favourably by the department

GRE scores were not a compulsory component of the application hence I did not submit; who else didn't?
Reply 50
Original post by Enkaysonia
GRE scores were not a compulsory component of the application hence I did not submit; who else didn't?

I didn’t submit as well.
I also didn't submit GRE scores
Hey! Do you all mind sharing your profiles? This wait is killing me!!!

Edit: also, what does your application status say? Mine still says ready for assessment
(edited 3 years ago)
I’m graduating this year from undergrad from a no-name uni, have a upper second class honours, was involved in political campaigns in my home country for many years and worked a bunch while studying... but I don’t think I have a strong chance of getting in. 34% increase in applicants this year?! 992 applications? It’s not happening.
Original post by Enkaysonia
Hello everyone,

I hope we are all doing great and a happy new month to everyone. Has anyone received any updates yet on their application asides the 19th March email? Again does anyone know if the BSG sends out the status email all at once or at different times? The anxiety though is on a different level for me..lol

Hello, thanks for your message.

Did they send the 19th march email to everyone? Or only if you ask the admissions team?

In regards to the outcome. From previous years, the earlier you get notified it means you got in. So as the deadline is 19th March. If you receive an email from 10-15th March, It is generally an offer of admission or Waitlist. Generally, they hand out rejections altogether between 16th-19 after handing out all their offers.
I think most of us have received the 19th March email. It’s probably a standard email for all candidates who have successfully submitted their references. So the admissions team generally send emails to successful candidates in the second week of March? Is that legit? If so please update as soon as you receive an email. The wait is killing me.
Original post by Shreekar
I think most of us have received the 19th March email. It’s probably a standard email for all candidates who have successfully submitted their references. So the admissions team generally send emails to successful candidates in the second week of March? Is that legit? If so please update as soon as you receive an email. The wait is killing me.

Oh, you mean ages ago when they sent an email saying "Your application will now be prepared for assessment by our Admissions Committee and a decision should be communicated to you no later than 19th march". That one right?

Basically, if you haven't heard anything by the 15th March, it is generally a sign of bad news. I will post as soon as I receive my update. Not sure if anyone feels confident about getting admission. But fingers crossed.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Forum Helper 8
Oh, you mean ages ago when they sent an email saying "Your application will now be prepared for assessment by our Admissions Committee and a decision should be communicated to you no later than 19th march". That one right?

Basically, if you haven't heard anything by the 15th March, it is generally a sign of bad news. I will post as soon as I receive my update. Not sure if anyone feels confident about getting admission. But fingers crossed.

Yes, precisely.

Did they send anything else apart from that email? They haven’t communicated with me since then. Should I be worried?
Is the Waitlist pending the rejection of offers and does the university notify you of where on the waitlist you appear? (i.e number 5 on the waiting list pending offer rejections?)
Original post by Alienum Puto
Is the Waitlist pending the rejection of offers and does the university notify you of where on the waitlist you appear? (i.e number 5 on the waiting list pending offer rejections?)

Did you already receive an email from the admissions team? How do you know you are waitlisted? Are the decisions out already?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending