The Student Room Group

MPP at Blavatnik School of Government

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
So we can expect offers to be made tomorrow or the day after? And those who don't hear back by Friday can expect a rejection next week?
Original post by pj2294
So we can expect offers to be made tomorrow or the day after? And those who don't hear back by Friday can expect a rejection next week?

can we confirm this from old students perhaps? This further increases our anxiety and fear..lol..isn't it possible that rejections also come earlier as well as acceptances? Or are the earlier decisions always acceptances?
Original post by sidv
Less chit-chat but so many more applicants and the competition seems fierce this year. It can go either way, so I'm keeping my expectations low.

You shouldn't have lower expectations; you got into Cambridge! Some of us were waitlisted and rejected afterwards but we choose to be hopeful. I think if you got into Cambridge, getting into Oxford will be a breeze.
Reply 83
Original post by Enkaysonia
can we confirm this from old students perhaps? This further increases our anxiety and fear..lol..isn't it possible that rejections also come earlier as well as acceptances? Or are the earlier decisions always acceptances?

In previous ears the acceptances came first and then a week later the rejections came in. That has been the pattern.
Original post by pj2294
In previous ears the acceptances came first and then a week later the rejections came in. That has been the pattern.

I checked Gradcafe. The deadline for last year was supposed to be March 21st, some positive decisions came on March 18th. You can confirm this yourself though
Reply 85
I checked Gradcafe. The deadline for last year was supposed to be March 21st, some positive decisions came on March 18th. You can confirm this yourself though

Oh that's great then. When did decisions start coming out last year?
Reply 86
Original post by pj2294
Oh that's great then. When did decisions start coming out last year?

I know some people got their acceptance on 13th March.
Reply 87
You shouldn't have lower expectations; you got into Cambridge! Some of us were waitlisted and rejected afterwards but we choose to be hopeful. I think if you got into Cambridge, getting into Oxford will be a breeze.

Thank you for your kind words. I hope we all sail through! :smile:
Pardon me for asking but what are the expectations in terms of noise? I am certain everybody is anxious here and I have checked Gradcafe to see whether people have started receiving decision emails for the MPP programme but it turns out that it's still the same. I have been anxious and I have hardly had up to 5 hours of sleep since March 1st and I find myself also refreshing this page to see whether anyone might have gotten any decision. So really people are dealing with their anxieties in different ways

I think many people may be reading this thread but not posting anything. I'm very relaxed regarding when we will get a decision, probably because I already got an offer from LSE MPP -- but with no funding, so I'm preparing myself for the possibility that I may have to apply again next year. :sigh:
Original post by politicspro
I think many people may be reading this thread but not posting anything. I'm very relaxed regarding when we will get a decision, probably because I already got an offer from LSE MPP -- but with no funding, so I'm preparing myself for the possibility that I may have to apply again next year. :sigh:

Congratulations! I also got an offer from LSE MPA. I reinstated my application from last year though. i wish I attempted applying for the MPP programme though because I have an MBA and about 9 years of experience with two in not-for-profit. With reference to funding, did you fill the funding application form? I think the deadline is still in April if I am not mistaken
I found this link on gradcafe for 2017 applicants. https://forum.thegradcafe.com/topic/87986-oxford-university-2017-entry-mpp-applicants/page/2/#comments. It turns out that they received their acceptances and rejections on the same day so let us not panic and be hopeful for the best.
Reply 91
Anyone heard back today? I have a feeling the results will definitely be out this week :biggrin:
Original post by pj2294
Anyone heard back today? I have a feeling the results will definitely be out this week :biggrin:

Not yet :colonhash:

919F7D4A-2F13-4E7C-A74D-93AE68230843.jpeg
Reply 93
Result would come today
Original post by CAKGO1
Result would come today

No, I don't think so... should take another week. Be patient, people! :P
Reply 95
Original post by politicspro
Not yet :colonhash:

919F7D4A-2F13-4E7C-A74D-93AE68230843.jpeg

Very useful. Thank you!
Original post by CAKGO1
Result would come today

I would like to clarify, I noticed some people (in other departments) say they received rejections at 2:00am. Is that the time for rejection and acceptances? To be honest, I wake up every hour up until 2:00am to check and it’s driving me crazy.
I would like to clarify, I noticed some people (in other departments) say they received rejections at 2:00am. Is that the time for rejection and acceptances? To be honest, I wake up every hour up until 2:00am to check and it’s driving me crazy.

According to the results from previous years which you can see on the grad cafe, as well as what people said on the threads from previous years, AND what the admissions team has said, we are still a few days away from rejections/acceptances being sent out. It seems to start happening around Mar. 16, so relax until then -- find some way to keep yourself busy!
Original post by Samantha961
I just got an email! I am in! I kind of expected to get in to be honest. I have 10 years + experience working for different governor’s in the US, was voted in myself not so long ago, and have 2 references from very senior individuals from the republican senate. I also graduated with a 4.0 from Harvard 15 years ago, and have an outstanding reference from the current Dean.

I wish everyone else luck. I think I will reject this offer from BSG to be honest. Not because of funding, but I have other offers from US schools that I would prefer to go to. Especially Harvard Kennedy.

Congratulations!!!!! This is good news. I’m so happy for you and I truly pray the best for you in whatever decision you go with. Nice!!
Reply 99
Harvard Kennedy School MPP result came to you ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending