The Student Room Group

What do girls actually like/look for in a guy?

Girls seem to be confused regarding what they like & what type of guy they look for. Obviously the answer to this won't be black & white but I'm interested to Stone responses to this.🤔

Scroll to see replies

wrist size, positive clavicle angle, height, jaw length/gonail angle, white skin, muscles, low body fat %, six fig salary or any other attractive job, status, hunter eyes, nw0 hairline, above average downstairs etc.
Their ability to cook pancakes
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
wrist size, positive clavicle angle, height, jaw length/gonail angle, white skin, muscles, low body fat %, six fig salary or any other attractive job, status, hunter eyes, nw0 hairline, above average downstairs etc.

you're a guy right?
Original post by ajena
you're a guy right?

yes but this is the minimum requirements for a male in 2020 to get into a relationship especially with the uprise in social media/tinder use. look up the 80/20 rule, 80% of females are getting 20% of guys. its over
Reply 5
Their gem count :fan:

Whats an 'attractive job'?
Original post by sunny.side.up
Whats an 'attractive job'?

lots of attractive jobs that dont meet the six fig mark: firefighter, model, paramedic, personal trainer, police officer, military, etc the list goes on
Reply 8
yes but this is the minimum requirements for a male in 2020 to get into a relationship especially with the uprise in social media/tinder use. look up the 80/20 rule, 80% of females are getting 20% of guys. its over

maths isn't my strong suit but surely that means 60% of women are missing out too? otherwise it means 8 women are getting with 2 guys
lots of attractive jobs that dont meet the six fig mark: firefighter, model, paramedic, personal trainer, police officer, military, etc the list goes on

I don't get what you mean by attractive though. Like she's well-off and has a good job?
Reply 10
Original post by sunny.side.up
I don't get what you mean by attractive though. Like she's well-off and has a good job?

he means something prestigious or impressive
Original post by ajena
maths isn't my strong suit but surely that means 60% of women are missing out too? otherwise it means 8 women are getting with 2 guys

80% of women go for 20% of men (the top 20%). So for every Chad there are four women

20% of women go for remaining 80% of men. So for every four subchad men there is one woman.
Reply 12
80% of women go for 20% of men (the top 20%). So for every Chad there are four women

20% of women go for remaining 80% of men. So for every four subchad men there is one woman.

Can you link these statistics please?
Original post by Darktriad96
Girls seem to be confused regarding what they like & what type of guy they look for. Obviously the answer to this won't be black & white but I'm interested to Stone responses to this.🤔

Girl here. We're not "confused" about what we like. You're probably just reading about a wide variety of girls- who each like and go for very different things, so it appears confusing as we don't all like the same guy. I used to feel the same about guys and felt frustrated when I couldn't figure out what they wanted.
What you need to do is figure out what TYPE of girl you want, and go from there to increase your success e.g. if you say you want a middle-class, girl next door, short sporty type girl, you need focus on mostly that and consider and research the traits that those type of women are attracted to and you'll see their common themes. Work smarter not harder.
I'm not going to speak for all types of women, cos we are all very different despite what the media shows. But for example, I myself (tall model type, artsy, hard working, academic, etc.) will go for guys who are academic, professional job, into social causes, dresses well and is very friendly and tall like myself. It works because I usually fit the 'profile' of the type of I guys I like and vice versa. Hope this helps
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Can you link these statistics please?

dont think I can post links on here but there is plenty of anectodal evidence regarding dating/relationships for men in the age of social media. I suggest you do your own research and open your eyes to the blackpill
Reply 15
dont think I can post links on here but there is plenty of anectodal evidence regarding dating/relationships for men in the age of social media. I suggest you do your own research and open your eyes to the blackpill

Unfortunately anon I find that I am lacking the interest to research nonsense suggested by someone who wont even stand behind their opinions with their account.
Reply 16

Dude, you don't have to be an incel. I promise you, your mindset is holding you back more than any physical trait ever could.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 17
Please dont tell me what is nonsense and what isnt old man, you lived in a time where woman did not have access to 8/10+ males at all times in their pockets. hypergamy in woman has shot up almost exponentially in the last 20 years and there is an obvious culprit for this that seems to whizzle past tiny brain. Go to sleep and remember to take your dentures out

I cant decide whats more laughable, your assumption that Im old or your attitude towards those you think are your elders :teehee:
I dont disagree that social media has made relationships and people in general more shallow but to claim such high numbers as 80 and 20 % with not a single source to back them up seems a bit questionable.
Please dont tell me what is nonsense and what isnt old man, you lived in a time where woman did not have access to 8/10+ males at all times in their pockets. hypergamy in woman has shot up almost exponentially in the last 20 years and there is an obvious culprit for this that seems to whizzle past tiny brain. Go to sleep and remember to take your dentures out

Old man 😂

A fellow looksmax.me user I see

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending