The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MattyBLG
I just got my offer for Law at Univ

This is awesome news!
Oh, and a very well done to all those with places today- go get 'em xx
Original post by Crafty Mum
Oxford certainly isn’t right for everyone, and you can still do great things at other great institutions and will have a great time too. Wishing you all the best with your alternative plans, and for being so supportive to other applicants regardless of where they too decide to pursue their studies.

Thank you so much!! My dream has always been St Andrews and so I'm hoping to get an offer from there! I want to be like all the elated people today who have had their heart set on Oxford for so long! It makes me happy to see people's hard work pay off and Oxford certainly isn't for everyone so good luck to everyone in their university applications!!!!
This thread will now be closed. Please continue the discussion here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7153335
Posty posty
Reply 9967
I’m not sure if you’re applying for History and Politics, or straight History, but if it’s the latter then so am I! Although I do not know the most about this application process, but I’ll try and repeat what I’ve been told by the oxbridge administrator at my school and from my mock interview. I think the simple thing is, make sure you know what you have mentioned in your personal statement and written work. The tutors are not going to expect you to know about the Napoleonic wars, if you have never mentioned it and have shown more of a liking to the medieval period in your personal statement. You might be asked to talk about your written work, personal statement and school work, but most certainly won’t be asked about a topic you have no clue about. However, if you are given a source it could be from a part of history you haven’t a clue on, but the source part of it will be more like a spoken HAT. How do you revise for an interview? Read through your personal statement and play the devils advocate, as they might ask questions like the ones you come up with. Do the exact same with your written work. Make sure you know everything you’ve written about in your personal statement, and any books you’ve mentioned. In my mock interview I was challenged on my challenging of an argument in one of my books about the comparisons between Hitler and Napoleon, this was taken to the extent of definitions of one word i used to differentiate between their motives, so be prepared to think deep!It’s also important to remember that you’re not any worse prepared than us due to a possible lack of knowledge in certain areas, the interview is all about learning and challenging what you already know rather than checking if you know obscure things and testing your knowledge. Furthermore, they aren’t looking for a finished product, it’s all about learning at the end of the day and how can you learn if you know it all already?I hope it goes well, good luck!
Obviously not entirely sure but it might mean that you're good enough and they just want a second opinion or that your first selection is oversubscribed but you're good enough not to let go
Reply 9969
Does anyone know what time ELAT results come out on the 11th? What time will it come through on the login portal thing?

Latest

Trending

Trending