The Student Room Group
I'd have pushed that Psychology to an A-level, but nevertheless, your grades don't look all too bad, but bear in mind that many applicants are going to have 3A's.

You have a fair chance, but as someone else said, it largely depends on how much work experience you have, how much your personal statement stands out, and so on.
Reply 2
Just to clarify are these grades that you are predicted or that you already have?
Reply 3
Check the different med school websites. I know that for 20009 entry we are AAAa, as are a few of the UoL Schools. There are still some that accept AAB though, so dig around.

Assumming the rest of your application rocks.
Reply 4
AAB is a great mark, you could easily get into loads of medical schools
Reply 5
I could have sworn people were aiming for AABs a few years ago :frown:

Tough competition...
Reply 6
Crushy
I could have sworn people were aiming for AABs a few years ago :frown:

Tough competition...

I know, right? I am screwed. But don't give up! Try it if you feel you're the right kind of dude.
surely...if a med school asks for AAB,...they cant give AAA ppl preference to someone whos already got the grades..not that this concerns me..but thats wrong in principal isnt it..
they shud then just do what imperial do and ask AAA
^^ no because there may be the odd person with an amazing PS and work experience that beat somebody who just scrapped 3As. Similarly some candidates with 3AS will have super-high scores, its hardly fair to reject their hard work.

To the OP, You have a chance, but because your B is in Biology (quite a key subject), this will definately make it harder, though not impossible.
Solid_Snake_100
^^ no because there may be the odd person with an amazing PS and work experience that beat somebody who just scrapped 3As. Similarly some candidates with 3AS will have super-high scores, its hardly fair to reject their hard work.

To the OP, You have a chance, but because your B is in Biology (quite a key subject), this will definately make it harder, though not impossible.

no but what im saying is
if a med school asks AAB..then surely whether a candidate has AAB or AAA is irrelevant...the other factors muust be considered surely...
if they are to prefer someone with AAA over someone with AAB simply cos of the A level grade..then they should just ask for AAA in the first place..

if u understand what im saying
emma06
AAB is a great mark, you could easily get into loads of medical schools

Not true for anyone, even if they have 7 A grades at A2.
Reply 11
AABa is fine 70% of schools will take you on although for me its diff im looking at AAAC and sooo many places wont take my c in A level physics!
vj69
AABa is fine 70% of schools will take you on although for me its diff im looking at AAAC and sooo many places wont take my c in A level physics!

is that 4th a level..shudnt matter otherwise shud it
krisstassen
no but what im saying is
if a med school asks AAB..then surely whether a candidate has AAB or AAA is irrelevant...the other factors muust be considered surely...
if they are to prefer someone with AAA over someone with AAB simply cos of the A level grade..then they should just ask for AAA in the first place..

if u understand what im saying

God he's back again. :angry:
Speedbird2008
God he's back again. :angry:

screw off troll
Reply 15
Thanks for your help ppl...but I think i'm not going to apply...i'm already at this med school in Poland, so I guess i'll stay here..its too risky.
Reply 16
As long as you meet their minimum requirements, that's all you need to do.

I know a few people who got a crazy AAAA, and applied for medicine. They fell real short on their references, had weak statements and got below-600 UKCAT scores.

Think of medicine as a game of baseball. AAB gets you called upto the field, but the other reference + statement + UKCAT is what's going to get you that home-run... :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending