The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
MrPhil
I like how you ignore my last post and then call my previous argument "stupid". Obviously they have far lower crime rates, so they would lower the overall Nottingham crime rate.

long eaton is rough as is langley mill, as are sutton in ashfield and kirkby, please show how they would reduce nottingham crime ....
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 81
michael_owen
long eaton is rough as is langley mill, as are sutton in ashfield and kirkby, please show how they would reduce nottingham crime....

They are suburbs where crime tends to be less frequent. In any case, I'm sure the statistics will show they have far lower crime rates than St Anns etc.

Anyway, that was only part of my argument. I'm more intrigued as to why you reacted so childishly to someone saying they feel safer in Ipswich...
Reply 82
michael_owen
and that is why dr phil stupid suburb arguement is stupid as places like langley mill, long eaton etc are in derbyshire, yet have nottingham post codes, and businesses use nottingham post codes. The nottingham morons try and claim its part of nottinghams cunurbanation
Hence why the green bin zones are the only true nottingham zones....,

You defeated your own point!
Do you even know what a conurbation is? Although to be fair I'm not sure what a cunurbanation is.
LE on LM are part of the Nottingham/Derby conurbation, but aren't suburbs of Nottingham or Derby.
And what do bins have to do with anything?
Why do you feel the need to insult posters just because they don't agree with you?
It comes across as very immature and childish.
Reply 83
Basically a conurbation is created when the towns in an area have gradually expanded over the years and have linked up with each other creating one big urban area. According to the Office for National Statistics the Nottingham Urban Area is the 8th biggest conurbation in the UK and includes areas such as Beeston, Clifton, West Bridgeford and Long Eaton. Wiki Entry.

If these areas were included in the crime statistics for Nottingham they would drop dramatically. I am not suggesting that they should be included as the crime rate in Carlton for example would have little impact on you if you lived in St Anns. Equally bunching St Anns, Hyson Green and all the other stabby places in with Nottingham does not give a true representation of what life is like in the city centre. Nottingham itself is a nice place and if you stay away from the dodgy places you are unlikely to bump into any trouble.
Reply 84
Asriel
Basically a conurbation is created when the towns in an area have gradually expanded over the years and have linked up with each other creating one big urban area. According to the Office for National Statistics the Nottingham Urban Area is the 8th biggest conurbation in the UK and includes areas such as Beeston, Clifton, West Bridgeford and Long Eaton. Wiki Entry.

If these areas were included in the crime statistics for Nottingham they would drop dramatically. I am suggesting that they should be included as the crime rate in Carlton for example would have little impact on you if you lived in St Anns. Equally bunching St Anns, Hyson Green and all the other stabby places in with Nottingham does not give a true representation of what life is like in the city centre. Nottingham itself is a nice place and if you stay away from the dodgy places you are unlikely to bump into any trouble.

lets include manchester conurbanation and it would probably be the safest city in the uk :rolleyes:

You have to have a cut off point, otherwise you could argue the whole of nottinghamshire can be counted as nottingham...

The city of nottingham is actually nottingham, just like the city of manchester is manchester...

If you you take manc conurbanation is would be well safe as you would group hale/altringham, stockport etc with places like wyvenshaw, mosside etc.

So reall you lot do not have a leg to stand on with this debate and you have to accept nottingham crime ridden, to completely debunk you lots awful rebuttals ill leave you with this news item...

NG8 4TH WORSE FOR BURGLARY..

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/crime/NG8-fourth-worst-postcode-country-burglary/article-427290-detail/article.html
Reply 85
michael_owen
lets include manchester conurbanation and it would probably be the safest city in the uk :rolleyes:

You have to have a cut off point, otherwise you could argue the whole of nottinghamshire can be counted as nottingham...

The city of nottingham is actually nottingham, just like the city of manchester is manchester...

If you you take manc conurbanation is would be well safe as you would group hale/altringham, stockport etc with places like wyvenshaw, mosside etc.

So reall you lot do not have a leg to stand on with this debate and you have to accept nottingham crime ridden, to completely debunk you lots awful rebuttals ill leave you with this news item...

NG8 4TH WORSE FOR BURGLARY..

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/crime/NG8-fourth-worst-postcode-country-burglary/article-427290-detail/article.html
Good. Have you not considered the point that none of us have denied Nottingham has the worst/one of the worst crime rates in the UK? Neither were we comparing Nottingham to Manchester.

I was basically saying that if you add the other suburbs in, the crime rate would be lowered. It may remain the highest in the country or it may not (who knows?) but at the end of the day, the crime levels wouldn't be so horrific.

In fact, what was the point of this post anyway? One person said they felt safer in Nottingham than Ipswich and all of a sudden you throw a hissy-fit...
I can't stand Nottingham. Here's one example of why I dislike Nottingham;
Watch this CCTV coverage of an attack that occured in Netherfield. I used to walk through Netherfield on a daily basis and I know that this could have been me.

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/news/Teen-guilty-killing-Shaun-Lobb/article-429997-detail/article.html
Reply 87
Football365
I can't stand Nottingham. Here's one example of why I dislike Nottingham;
Watch this CCTV coverage of an attack that occured in Netherfield. I used to walk through Netherfield on a daily basis and I know that this could have been me.

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/news/Teen-guilty-killing-Shaun-Lobb/article-429997-detail/article.html

good post, looking foreward to the "nottingham crime free brigade" like doctor phill to defend this, plus netherfield is a "suburb" of nottingham, so it even debunks the stupid dr phil arguement once and for all....
Lol at the dramatic thread title! Reason why this thread's got over 2000 views :eek:
Reply 89
michael_owen
good post, looking foreward to the "nottingham crime free brigade" like doctor phill to defend this, plus netherfield is a "suburb" of nottingham, so it even debunks the stupid dr phil arguement once and for all....

Good grief, you're the must be one of the most irritating people I've come across. Look at my posts and you;ll find "dr phill" never denied Nottingham having horrific crime levels, though I guess it;s unlikely you've properly read them. And thanks for calling me stupid once again.

When on earth are you going to bloody grow up? We're having a discussion here but all you seem to do is throw hissy fits and insult other people. You haven't even answered half of my questions, yet still go round calling me stupid and so on.:rolleyes:
Yep, I think that's enough. I've closed the thread since it seems to have deviated rather from the original debate into personal insults.

Latest

Trending

Trending