The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Bristol or York for History?

Hi! I’m so torn between the two because I’m not that great a fan of big cities, but Bristol seems so beautiful and the course modules appeal to me slightly more. However, York has been the university I’ve always set my heart on and, as silly as it sounds, I’m just wondering if either is better for studying History (course-wise and atmospherically)? Thank you!
look at faye singleton's videos on youtube she goes to york and does biomed
in terms of campus watch their tours online and see what differences there are between the course
tbh i just look at ranking for my degree and out of offers i get i will pick hahaha
University of York
York
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! I’m so torn between the two because I’m not that great a fan of big citieHis, but Bristol seems so beautiful and the course modules appeal to me slightly more. However, York has been the university I’ve always set my heart on and, as silly as it sounds, I’m just wondering if either is better for studying History (course-wise and atmospherically)? Thank you!

Hi :smile: we understand that choosing a university is a very difficult and huge decision and we want to ensure that you are making the right choice for you as this is the place where you will be spending your time for the next 3 years (at least)!
Things to consider and think about are when making your decision could include the following:
- how far away from home do you want to be
- what are the transport links like
- do the course modules align with your interests and future career aspirations
- are there specific clubs or societies' that you want to join
- look at the type of accommodation on offer
- are you interested in a placement or study broad and is this on offer as part of the course
- look at how the course is taught and assessed
Hopefully this helps slightly, I would also look on each course page and read about the course and if possible try and speak to any current students to gain their insight. Many universities now have a peer-to-peer engagement platform where you can speak to current students.

Best of luck making your decision and if you have any further questions, let me know :smile:

Vicki
Student Recruitment Coordinator

Quick Reply

Latest