The Student Room Group

Not sure what to do

After nearly a month studying my 4 AS subjects (in sig). I've found that I'm happy with the science's, yet find the other two quite boring.

I'm not sure what I could change them to. I planned to take Physics in place of Psychology, but I'm not too great at Maths. I also have no idea what could be taken instead of Lit. I was thinking maybe History?

Oh and I'm thinking of taking one of the biological science's at uni, but I'm really not sure.
Any suggestions?
Reply 1
Yeah I've had mixed responses about the Physics. Some say I'm crazy to attempt it without maths, others say it's perfectly possible.

I didn't take History for gcse, although I was told it wont affect me much as they're studying different topics. I remember enjoying it pre- gcse though.
English Lit...tbh I find myself sitting through the lessons being bored out of my mind:frown:
Reply 2
Do History. Actually Love it.
Its not that hard tbh.
You just gotta do things slightly differently from GCSE

although some people didnt do it at GCSE, & got like A's & B's at AS
so GCSE isnt that important

e.g. being able to compare, analyse and evaluate more, not describe events
and you gotta be more famiular with the dates and events and that
I find it really interesting & useful, technique wise for my other subjects
=)
Reply 3
History is definately not the easiest subject in the world but I personally found it very interesting at AS, and am continuing to find it a great subject at A2.
Maybe you could take up physics, you'd have to do a lot of catching up though. But the maths content alone in physics is pretty straightforward, according to one of my mates who is doing physics.
Reply 4
ezia
English Lit...tbh I find myself sitting through the lessons being bored out of my mind:frown:

Change subjects. I continued to take French at AS even though i hated it at the beginning of year 12

it completly demotivates you. Then you dont so work much and will end up with a worse grade.
Happened to me.
Reply 5
I was planning to drop Physics at AS if that makes a difference? The 3 sciences have always been my favourite subjects.
As bad as it sounds, the science's are probably the only subjects I enjoyed at GCSE:confused:

I was just completely unmotivated for anything else.
Reply 6
Alright, thanks for the help everyone :smile:
So far I'm loving History, due to the fact it's not so fact based, and more opinion and analysis comes into the equation (got A* at GCSE, saved by my analysis skills as opposed to my v. poor memory skills). Most of the courses look very interesting, make sure to have a look over your school's chosen board and their specification. Be prepared for a little of the unknown if you haven't studied it before. Good luck. :smile:

Latest