The Student Room Group

GCSE Sixth form

Hi,
I might have asked this question before but I need some more opinions on it. I really want to go to Pates grammar school sixth form but I’m 100%sure I will be rejected as my mocks results were bad. However I am certain I will get almost straight 9s in my GCSE, so if I do manage those results, what do you think the chances are of me getting into Pates when I appeal on results day?
(I haven’t found any info about this on their website)
Ps. Pates is VERY competitive
Original post by Anonymous_dragon
Hi,
I might have asked this question before but I need some more opinions on it. I really want to go to Pates grammar school sixth form but I’m 100%sure I will be rejected as my mocks results were bad. However I am certain I will get almost straight 9s in my GCSE, so if I do manage those results, what do you think the chances are of me getting into Pates when I appeal on results day?

Hello!

I am not entirely sure what that is however if you were ever stuck, definitely talk to your teachers and they will be able to help you! And keep studying, doing past papers and exams!

You’ve got this, goodluck!

Hassa, Liverpool hope university Ambassador
Reply 2
Hi,

Keep working hard. The mocks are just an idea of what you MAY get and what your currently working on. Go over the mock papers and do the topics you struggled on the most and hopefully if you achieve high grades, they will hopefully accept you on enrolment day and I think you have a good chance if you do put ur mind and effort into it
Original post by Usyy
Keep working hard. The mocks are just an idea of what you MAY get and what your currently working on. Go over the mock papers and do the topics you struggled on the most and hopefully if you achieve high grades, they will hopefully accept you on enrolment day and I think you have a good chance if you do put ur mind and effort into it

Thank you so much, this has motivated me so much now. I heard that many people can’t jump from 6s and 7s to 10 9s but hearing the word MAY from you really changed my mindset, I CAN really do it…if I try. I will make sure to update everyone on results day! THANK YOU!!! <3
Reply 4
Thank you so much, this has motivated me so much now. I heard that many people can’t jump from 6s and 7s to 10 9s but hearing the word MAY from you really changed my mindset, I CAN really do it…if I try. I will make sure to update everyone on results day! THANK YOU!!! <3

I'm happy I've been able to motivate you so keep pushing yourself and don't stop putting in the effort. Your sacrifices will be worth it and be sure to update me on results day right here on this thread. I'll be waiting

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending