The Student Room Group

Does anyone know an A/A* essay structure RS 10/15 makers?

I'm really struggling with structuring RS 10/15 markers and how many paragraphs to include, and how to structure them. Does anyone know a good structure to gain high marks?
Reply 1
(AQA spec)

for a 15 marker we are advised to do as follows:
Intro- brief- literally just say the conclusion and that's it

Main body
- PEE for the conclusion
- PEE against the conclusion
- Brief refusal of the PEE against, link to question, argue which side is stronger.

x2

conclusion
A brief overview where you state your conclusion.

Make sure your opinion is known throughout.

For 10 marker
- three paragraphs talking about three aspects of the title. Literally just spew as much relevant information as you can

Make sure you look at the markscheme when writing

https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/rs/AQA-70621-EX.PDF
https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/religious-studies/as-and-a-level/religious-studies-7062/assessment-resources?f.Resource+type%7C6=Answers+and+commentaries
Reply 2
When you say 2x you mean write 2 main body paragraphs in total or do you mean do it 2 more times so 3 in total?
Reply 3
Original post by dnlb_
When you say 2x you mean write 2 main body paragraphs in total or do you mean do it 2 more times so 3 in total?

Im not the main writer of this but from experience, you have enough time to do 2 fully detailed main body paragraphs.
So 2x
"- PEE for the conclusion
- Brief refusal of the PEE against, link to question, argue which side is stronger."

Always remember to link the evaluation back to the question so you know you're not waffling.
A really sound way of gaining extra marks at a level is to do extra reading, this can be youtube videos or actual reading. Either way adding your own evidence really gets you to the top band of marks in RS. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by aperry2
Im not the main writer of this but from experience, you have enough time to do 2 fully detailed main body paragraphs.
So 2x
"- PEE for the conclusion
- Brief refusal of the PEE against, link to question, argue which side is stronger."

Always remember to link the evaluation back to the question so you know you're not waffling.
A really sound way of gaining extra marks at a level is to do extra reading, this can be youtube videos or actual reading. Either way adding your own evidence really gets you to the top band of marks in RS. :smile:

so a good amount of evidence (quotes etc) is a sure-fire way to getting high marks? any YouTube channels you'd recommend?
Reply 5
Original post by dnlb_
so a good amount of evidence (quotes etc) is a sure-fire way to getting high marks? any YouTube channels you'd recommend?

Crash Course Philosophy by Hank Green is really good and helpful. I think evidence mainly like quotes, philosophers book titles and just showing you know thoroughly thats what you're talking about! But I strongly reccomend crash course philosophy, that helps me so much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending