The Student Room Group
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton

Is Solent Uni a good Choice?

So, I've decided to take a leap and apply to uni this year. But, due to unfortunate family commitments I have to stay local to me. I'm from Bournemouth, and Solent is in train distance/if I had halls there then I could get home easier then if I had to travel from somewhere else in the country. I'm want to study fine art or illustration, so the questions I really need answering are: are these courses very good? And does it still have a bad reputation?
Original post by AnaïsMarieNT
So, I've decided to take a leap and apply to uni this year. But, due to unfortunate family commitments I have to stay local to me. I'm from Bournemouth, and Solent is in train distance/if I had halls there then I could get home easier then if I had to travel from somewhere else in the country. I'm want to study fine art or illustration, so the questions I really need answering are: are these courses very good? And does it still have a bad reputation?

Hi @AnaïsMarieNT,

How exciting that you are considering University. I too live Bournemouth way and actually commute to Solent for the days I am in, but did consider halls. I felt it was a better choice financially and it suited me due to my family set up too. Have you had a look at the courses online? These should give you a good description of the courses and requirements, but let me know if you would like to be put in contact with someone on any of these courses or perhaps a lecturer if they are available.

Please let me know if you have any specific questions I can help you with or find out more about for you.

Thank you,

Izzy :smile:
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending