The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I'd imagine its quite alot - after all it is a masters degree although I cant give you accurate figures as I'm just guessing really :p:
Reply 2
i'm at nottingham and in my first year i had about 20 hours contact time / wk, that's including labs. It's got worse this year though (2nd year).
Reply 3
Oh right, thanks 4 the reply. Nottingham's probably going to be my first choice actually - what's the course like there? Have you found the work hard or bearable?! I got AABB in my AS's n just wondered whether the course is a big step up from work at A level?
x:smile:
Reply 4
it's a really good course. Some of the modules are more interesting than others but you'll always get slightly dull modules whatever course you do. The first year isn't too tricky. Just go to all the lectures, labs and workshops and revise hard when it matters and you should be fine. As to whether it's a big step up from A level, well that depends how hard you're working for those. Nottingham's got a really good reputation for Pharmacy and it's geared towards getting you a decent job at the end of it, which is what uni courses should be about at the end of the day.

Second year gets quite a bit busier but you don't need to worry about that yet (I have 29 hours contact time this week - I had 9-5 today and do again tomorrow).

hope that helps
Reply 5
It was about 29-34 (maximum) in LJMU as it was 9-5 for most of the days with half day Wednesday and the odd late start or early finish here and there.

The contact time was the same in second year semester 1, but dropped alot in semester 2. third year has been a bit sparse so far - but a lot more reading needed to be done so that takes up a lot of time.
Reply 6
i just checked out my time table, and it averages about 14-18 hours a week
Reply 7
I have got roughly 19-20 hours a week including labs. I go to Brighton...
Reply 8
I go to Bath and I got roughly 25hrs/week includes practicals/workshops. The timetable changes each week so its an estimate.
Reply 9
I've just checked my timetable. I've got 20 hours this week (including two three hour labs).
laura_b2
Am intersted in studying Pharmacy at Uni and just wanted to know out of interest, not thats its going to affect my choice or anything lol.

30 hours...at University of nottingham, but apparently the first semester is the worst!..feels like we do more than the medics!

Latest

Trending

Trending