The Student Room Group
University of York
York
Get on train, head to York station, get purple number 4 bus in the direction that doesn't go over the bridge to your right as you walk out of the station (i.e. get it from the side of the road you're on when you come out of the station, it will have university written on it as opposed to Accomb), and get off when you get to the uni :smile:
University of York
York
Reply 2
Thanks, anyone got travel information for travelling via car.
Google maps?
Reply 4
Annie354
I know I posted a thread along these lines before but i wanted to be quick in drawing attention.
I was wondering if anyone who is going to the York Open Day tomorrow or has been in the past could give me some travel information.
Thanks in advance.

There's a free bus tomorrow from the train station between 9:00am and the last bus back at 4:00pm.

If you're driving, there's a special open day park and ride from Grimston Bar on the A1079.. There's a small amount of parking at the uni sports fields near campus, too.
Reply 5
York City itself has what I would consider an outstanding public transport network. Look at your timetables and if anything fails just ask the driver of a bus that pulls into a stop for directions. York is a really easy city to get around in tbh.
Reply 6
outstanding or otherwise, the question was about the open day, when there are different and free travel arrangements to the uni and back.
Really, to get in by car, the easiest way is to aim for the A64. I'm not sure which direction you would get to it from, but from there, just follow the signs for the university. It's technically not the fastest way (that would be the designer outlet exit, depending on the way you came from), but you shouldn't get lost on it. That should also lead you past Grimston Bar park and ride if you want to take the option Worldwide mentioned.
Reply 8
I was driving along the A64 today, they have temporary signs in place for the Uni and the free shuttle bus. Head along the A64 towards Scarborough, and watch for the yellow temporary signs directing to the University.

It's technically not the fastest way (that would be the designer outlet exit, depending on the way you came from)

Trust me, the Hull Road exit from the A64 is the quickest way, rather than battling down the A19 and through Fulford.

Latest

Trending

Trending