The Student Room Group
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton

Southampton Solent university accommodation

I am going to Solent uni in sept 2021, I don’t know which is better private halls or the uni run halls.
I’m looking for the most social but I do want someone here nice although having more social flatmates is my top priority.
Reply 1
Original post by darcy28
I am going to Solent uni in sept 2021, I don’t know which is better private halls or the uni run halls.
I’m looking for the most social but I do want someone here nice although having more social flatmates is my top priority.

Same situation as me, I’m starting in sept 2021 and I’m not sure where to stay at

If you want the social setting and to have fun I’d definitely go for a uni run hall, you meet people that want to go out and fun.

I’ve found out that Chantry is the most sociable by far, but its shared bathrooms and the kitchen is relatively small for 10 people, the common room looks good too
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton
Reply 2
Original post by Hmm23
Same situation as me, I’m starting in sept 2021 and I’m not sure where to stay at

If you want the social setting and to have fun I’d definitely go for a uni run hall, you meet people that want to go out and fun.

I’ve found out that Chantry is the most sociable by far, but its shared bathrooms and the kitchen is relatively small for 10 people, the common room looks good too

I’ve been looking a lot at Deanery or Hamwick so decide Ong between them as I want an en-suite - would you know which one is more social ? Thanks 😊
Reply 3
Original post by darcy28
I’ve been looking a lot at Deanery or Hamwick so decide Ong between them as I want an en-suite - would you know which one is more social ? Thanks 😊

I’ve seen a lot about Deanery being the more quieter out of the accommodations, and don’t know much about Hamwic, sorry :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by Hmm23
I’ve seen a lot about Deanery being the more quieter out of the accommodations, and don’t know much about Hamwic, sorry :frown:

Where did you hear that chantry is the most social ?
Reply 5
Original post by darcy28
Where did you hear that chantry is the most social ?

https://www.studentcrowd.com/hall-l1006420-s1043992-chantry-southampton_solent_university-southampton

Some of the reviews are quiet bad, but then some describe it as the best social accommodation at Solent due to the massive common room and the sharing aspect
Original post by darcy28

Original post by Hmm23

Hi @darcy28 and @Hmm23,

Apologies for the delay in responding to you - I must've missed this thread!

I was faced with the same situation when I was joining first year a couple of years ago. In my first year, I stayed in Hamwic (uni accommodation) and in my second year I stayed in private halls. When I was living in Hamwic a couple of years ago, I found it to be really sociable, and you got to meet others from different flats in the building- of course, this will depend on who your flatmates are, and what your interests are! Having said that, I had friends who lived in Deanery and Kimber, who equally felt they were sociable.

In terms of private accommodation, my experience was that my flatmates there were much more reserved and in general the halls were quite a bit quieter (again, this will depend on your flatmates and your interests!)- although the facilities were different to the university residences.

I hope this has been helpful- let me know if I can help with anything else!
Eloise :smile:
Original post by darcy28

Hi, I dnow if you are still thinking about moving into either private or uni halls but I have a room opening in a shared house with three other girls from Solent. The house is near Solent Uni and roughly £100 a week but opens up on the 1st July if you are interested.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Ellsbellz57
Hi, I dnow if you are still thinking about moving into either private or uni halls but I have a room opening in a shared house with three other girls from Solent. The house is near Solent Uni and roughly £100 a week but opens up on the 1st July if you are interested.

Hi @Ellsbellz57 if you’d like to promote your house more, we have an “Exposed at Southampton Solent University” page on Facebook where you can post about rooms, accomodation, events and anything in between. I’ve put the link below for you to join. Good luck with it!

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask. - Chloe :smile:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1198794443517211/?ref=share

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending