The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

OnCampus Southampton Foundation Year

Hi everyone,

I'm excited to have taken admission in the ONCAMPUS Southampton UG Foundation Year for Engineering. I'm really looking forward to starting my studies in September and I'm hoping to meet some other students who are also going to be there.

I've chosen The Crossings as my accommodation. Is anyone else staying there? I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone before joining in.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Decap
Hi everyone,

I'm excited to have taken admission in the ONCAMPUS Southampton UG Foundation Year for Engineering. I'm really looking forward to starting my studies in September and I'm hoping to meet some other students who are also going to be there.

I've chosen The Crossings as my accommodation. Is anyone else staying there? I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone before joining in.

Heyy, i'm starting there too in September but i'm not staying at the crossings
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Decap
That's great to hear! Are you joining in for the Engineering Foundation?

yes i am
Reply 3
Original post by Tanatswa17
yes i am

Which engineering course are you doing after ?
Reply 4
Which engineering course are you doing after ?

Civil Engineering
Reply 5
Original post by Decap
Civil Engineering

You?
Reply 6
Original post by Decap
You?

Software engineering
Reply 7
Software engineering

Cool! Where are you from? I was hoping we could start a group chat or something but there's just us...
Reply 8
[QUOTE="Decap;98761964"]Cool! Where are you from? I was hoping we could start a group chat or something but there's just us...[/QUOTE

I'm from zim, where are you from?
yeah it's just us lol, but i'm sure there are others
Reply 9
Oh btw, they mentioned in the orientation that we will be studying in the new building something "Sir James Mathew Building", but they have given the old address (Imperial House) on the CAS. Do you anything about it?
And Apart from Math and Phy/Chem, will we have any other subjects? Coz nothing's mentioned in the Program Details
Original post by Decap
Oh btw, they mentioned in the orientation that we will be studying in the new building something "Sir James Mathew Building", but they have given the old address (Imperial House) on the CAS. Do you anything about it?
And Apart from Math and Phy/Chem, will we have any other subjects? Coz nothing's mentioned in the Program Details

There was an. orientation?, No i actually thought we'd be at Imperial house. I think english is part of the subjects as well
Reply 11
There was an. orientation?, No i actually thought we'd be at Imperial house. I think english is part of the subjects as well

Yeah, it was just an introduction about oncampus and the city. I hope I dont have to study English again tho
Ohh ok, well i checked the oncampus brochure and english is part of the modules but maybe you won't have to do it as much if you passed the ielts exam thingy
Reply 13
Ohh ok, well i checked the oncampus brochure and english is part of the modules but maybe you won't have to do it as much if you passed the ielts exam thingy

yeah hoping so.
When are you leaving for Southampton then? VISA n all done?
yeah cause i don't want to be doing english either
yeah its done i should be leaving in the middle of september, what about you?
Reply 15
yeah cause i don't want to be doing english either
yeah its done i should be leaving in the middle of september, what about you?

Still waiting for my CAS Letter and VISA to be done.
Yup, me too in the middle of Sept.
Original post by Decap

oh ok , hopefully you get them soon
Original post by Decap

are you excited for school?
Reply 18
are you excited for school?

Well yeah. It'll be a new experience so
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by Decap

Yeah I do I went to solent and it used to be a Solent building but I think everything taught there (and the offices)moved to The Spark. Any way the easiest way to describe where it is is it’s next door across the road from the Guildhall if you can find Solent’s main building there is a road if you go to the park and turn to your left you’ll see it go turn right up that road and you should see a KFC turn right head down that road past the Guild hall it’s on your left you can’t miss it .
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending