The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Developmental Psychology and Clinical Practice

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ayylmao100
Hi, I just replied to the email from Lauren Shum to confirm that my allocated slot worked for me and she replied to thank me for confirming, so I guess that’s all you need to do. Best of luck for your interview!

Hey, can I ask you for her email address? Is the annefreud.org one? I've sent an email but seems like she could have overlooked my email since she responded to yours?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 21
Original post by soobean
Hey, can I ask you for her email address? Is the annefreud.org one? I've sent an email but seems like she could have overlooked my email since she responded to yours?

Hiya, yes it was the [email protected] address, it took a little over a day for her to respond though.
Reply 22
Hiya, yes it was the [email protected] address, it took a little over a day for her to respond though.

okay great, I've just sent an email to her so I'll wait to hear from her soon. Thank you so much! And wish you the best of luck with your interview :smile:
Hi,

I haven't heard anything either beyond that it is under review

I submitted it in January and it says in the portal that they have a lot of apps this year, might just be taking them a little while

Original post by soobean
okay great, I've just sent an email to her so I'll wait to hear from her soon. Thank you so much! And wish you the best of luck with your interview :smile:
Reply 24
Hi, have you received any response since then? I didn't receive invitation for interviews either. I emailed them but haven't got any replies yet.
Original post by lexhsi
Hi, have you received any response since then? I didn't receive invitation for interviews either. I emailed them but haven't got any replies yet.

Oh no, they emailed me a few days ago about it. Maybe they just haven't got to your app yet?
Reply 26
Original post by Anonymous
Oh no, they emailed me a few days ago about it. Maybe they just haven't got to your app yet?

Thank you for your reply! I'll wait for their email then.
Btw if anyone’s wondering what the interview will involve, here’s what UCL told me when I asked if I needed to prepare anything:

‘The interviewers will ask about your previous experience in more detail, though you do not need to prepare anything specific.’

Thank you for this! Its hard to understand how/what i should be doing to prepare, as ive heard its super selective, but have yet to prepare anything!
Also on the original email, they asked for an id sized photograph to be sent to them, im sending that off today, but was just wondering the method you used to get an id size photo!! never done it and sent through email ahaha!
Reply 28
Original post by Lizzie Beth
Thank you for this! Its hard to understand how/what i should be doing to prepare, as ive heard its super selective, but have yet to prepare anything!
Also on the original email, they asked for an id sized photograph to be sent to them, im sending that off today, but was just wondering the method you used to get an id size photo!! never done it and sent through email ahaha!

No worries - I realise their advice is a little vague but hopefully it helps! I’ve prepared some answers to a few basic questions I think they may ask, mostly related to my experiences and how they led me to the programme. I’ve been practicing answering questions on Photobooth on my laptop so I can get used to speaking out loud on camera 😂

For the ID pic, I just sent them a simple square photo of me, I didn’t adjust it beyond cropping it to that shape and it seems like they were satisfied with that. I think they just want a clear, decent-quality picture where you’re fully recognisable!
No worries - I realise their advice is a little vague but hopefully it helps! I’ve prepared some answers to a few basic questions I think they may ask, mostly related to my experiences and how they led me to the programme. I’ve been practicing answering questions on Photobooth on my laptop so I can get used to speaking out loud on camera 😂

For the ID pic, I just sent them a simple square photo of me, I didn’t adjust it beyond cropping it to that shape and it seems like they were satisfied with that. I think they just want a clear, decent-quality picture where you’re fully recognisable!

Ah thank you! Thats a good idea practising on photobooth, might need to do the same as i really do get very nervous about these things! when is your interview, mines on Wednesday afternoon, so trying to get a bit of preparation done today and then practise tommorrow!

It's a 15-20 minute interview right? how many questions do you reckon they'll get through XD
Reply 30
Original post by Lizzie Beth
Ah thank you! Thats a good idea practising on photobooth, might need to do the same as i really do get very nervous about these things! when is your interview, mines on Wednesday afternoon, so trying to get a bit of preparation done today and then practise tommorrow!

It's a 15-20 minute interview right? how many questions do you reckon they'll get through XD

Yeah practising talking on camera has helped a lot, this kind of thing is really not my forte either! My interview is bright and early on the 23rd (next Tuesday). Best of luck for yours on Wednesday!!

The student I spoke to (currently on the programme) said her interview was just ten minutes long and was relatively chilled, so sounds like it won’t be too painful. She also said it felt more like a conversation, so I guess how many questions they ask depends on what you end up discussing on the day :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
I got an offer yesterday!
Reply 32
Original post by Anonymous
I got an offer yesterday!

Omg congratulations!!! 🥳🥳 I got mine yesterday too!! Did you receive an official offer letter with conditions or just the email from Lauren like I did? I’m surprised they got back to us so quickly - the interviewers told me I’d probably have to wait until May!
Omg congratulations!!! 🥳🥳 I got mine yesterday too!! Did you receive an official offer letter with conditions or just the email from Lauren like I did? I’m surprised they got back to us so quickly - the interviewers told me I’d probably have to wait until May!

Congrats guys! And same I got the acceptance email but not the letter yet
Reply 34
Original post by heAdphoneESPER
Congrats guys! And same I got the acceptance email but not the letter yet

Thanks!! And congrats to you too! 🎉
By the way, has anyone’s Portico status changed from ‘under review’ yet? I assume we’ll receive our official offer letters through there at some point?
Thanks!! And congrats to you too! 🎉
By the way, has anyone’s Portico status changed from ‘under review’ yet? I assume we’ll receive our official offer letters through there at some point?

Mine still says ‘under review’ too. I mean they do keep saying that they’re experiencing delays so I’m not surprised though.
Reply 36
Just a quick update following another email I received from Lauren today:

‘The UCL Admissions team should issue your official offer letter within the next couple of weeks. In addition to the hard copy, an electronic copy will be issued via the portal and you will be notified via email when this is available.’

Hope this is helpful!
Reply 37
Hi all, I received my official offer letter this morning and I've now accepted!! I'm super excited :biggrin:
I realise it'll be quite a small cohort so if anybody wants to chat or make a group to get to know other students before the course starts please message me and we can figure something out! Let me know if you'd rather chat on Instagram than on here and I'll DM you my ig username.
Hopefully speak soon! :smile:
Hi all, I received my official offer letter this morning and I've now accepted!! I'm super excited :biggrin:
I realise it'll be quite a small cohort so if anybody wants to chat or make a group to get to know other students before the course starts please message me and we can figure something out! Let me know if you'd rather chat on Instagram than on here and I'll DM you my ig username.
Hopefully speak soon! :smile:

Hey! I cant send pms for some reason (just made this account) but Im also waiting for my official letter offer + would love to get to know everyone!!
Reply 39
Original post by debbiebebbie
Hey! I cant send pms for some reason (just made this account) but Im also waiting for my official letter offer + would love to get to know everyone!!

Hiya, congratulations on your offer! I’ve sent you a PM with my ig username but let me know if you can’t see it and I’ll just tell you on here :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending