The Student Room Group

how many hours of independent study do you do for each A-level subject per week?

Rougly. I probably do about 6 hours

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
About the same (5-8 hours); my school pushes it on us like no other.
Reply 2
0 hours lol. Then at exam time I have to revise like hell!
nuodai
About the same (5-8 hours); my school pushes it on us like no other.

do u go to a private school?
Reply 4
italianstallion
Rougly. I probably do about 6 hours

omg! On each subject!?
My teachers are lucky if I do my homework!
A few hours a week.
Reply 6
italianstallion
do u go to a private school?

Nope :p: Nowhere near enough money.
5 hours a week night (exc. Friday) making 20 hours, 7 hours in my frees, 3 hours on Sundays.

So I guess it's 30 hours outside lessons :lolwut:.
However long it takes me to do my homework. So probably between 1-3 hours a week.
7-8hours

0hrs (excluding homework) for english lit since we're not doing the january exam and 0hrs for history but 3-4hrs in homework
Reply 10
the amount of time it takes for HW and CW
About 3-4.
Reply 12
I did none at all, regrettably. Hence only achieving ABC. If you value your future, you will do as much as you can. Take this advice from experience.
What?? I do my homework... so about 1??! How do you have time to do 6 hours?!
Reply 14
i do my homework, and if i miss a lesson i catch up on notes. that's it.
strawberry_princess
What?? I do my homework... so about 1??! How do you have time to do 6 hours?!

If that's 1 hour a week then, *hmm* *hmm*

Spoiler

My school embeds it in our brains that we should do at least 5 hours per subject per week, and that's not even to get an A.
Jarve99
I did none at all, regrettably. Hence only achieving ABC. If you value your future, you will do as much as you can. Take this advice from experience.

I always lack the darned time to and then am so tired in the evenings, i just don't know whether i have the emotional strength to look at something seemingly useless about succession on bloody sanddunes.
30 hours... jesus, im sure you dont need to do that. I revised for exams sure.. but 0 the rest of the time.
Reply 18
I don't know for each but overall a few hours. I tend to want to do work in school and try not to do as much after; because I like to de-stress a little.
First year nothing until exam time. Second year nothing until exam time. Third year (this year)...about 2 or 3 hours per week.

Quick Reply

Latest