The Student Room Group

Question about degrees.

Didn't really know where to put this..

I'm currently searching through UCAS for courses, for 2009. One of the courses which interests me only seems to offer BA/Bsc courses, and only Edinburgh offers an MA in the same subject. Living in London, Edinburgh is pretty far for me...

So, if say, I finish a Bsc course can I do the masters at the same uni, or do i have to apply for a different uni which offers the masters course?

Hope you can make sense of that, heh.

Thx! :biggrin:

x
I think you have to apply to a different uni that offers the course.
Reply 2
:sadface: :frown:
Reply 3
If you intend to continue studying for a masters degree you can stay on at the same university, but lots of people apply for a different one for a change of scenery, better course, better job prospects etc. It's really up to you. If you're applying for undergraduate entry just choose universities based on the course you intend to study initially- you get five options, so Edinburgh needn't be your only choice!
You dont need to do a masters, and i think it is only 1 year extra so you could apply in your final year at uni
Reply 5
harriepoppy
If you intend to continue studying for a masters degree you can stay on at the same university, but lots of people apply for a different one for a change of scenery, better course, better job prospects etc. It's really up to you. If you're applying for undergraduate entry just choose universities based on the course you intend to study initially- you get five options, so Edinburgh needn't be your only choice!

How can I stay on at the same uni to study masters, if they don't have any course on UCAS for it? :confused:
Reply 6
Sorry, I meant to say that if you choose to study at a university that does offer a masters course1
Reply 7
Akkuz
How can I stay on at the same uni to study masters, if they don't have any course on UCAS for it? :confused:

I *think* UCAS only shows undergraduate courses. You could try checking the postgraduate section on the uni's website.
Reply 8
button8
I *think* UCAS only shows undergraduate courses. You could try checking the postgraduate section on the uni's website.

Yeah, I just checked and it seems UCAS doesn't show postgraduate courses. :o:
Reply 9
Akkuz

A masters course is a graduate course, not an undergraduate course, so it probably wouldn't be listed on UCAS. The university you end up at will almost certainly offer masters courses in a very wide variety of subjects. There's no need to stress. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending