The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff Applications 09

Well, who's applying for Cardiff starting in September 09 and what for? I'm applying for Business Management, I'm going to put Cardiff as my firm as I'm in love with the idea of the uni/social life/city and I haven't even visited yet haha.

How about everyone else?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Applying for Dentistry - somewhere I haven't been to.

Good enough reason to go?.....meh :p:
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
For Medicine..
Fingers crossed. :smile:
I'm applying for Religious Studies :smile:

Ruth xx
Reply 4
Applying for Diagnostic Radiography, going back on the 27th October to have a proper look around the department. Though it's really just an excuse to go back to Cardiff and have a few drinks. :smile:
Reply 5
StotheL
Well, who's applying for Cardiff starting in September 09 and what for? I'm applying for Business Management, I'm going to put Cardiff as my firm as I'm in love with the idea of the uni/social life/city and I haven't even visited yet haha.

How about everyone else?

Im going to do Business Management aswell, Cardiff is awesome!
Reply 6
sean43
Im going to do Business Management aswell, Cardiff is awesome!

Ah, wahay! What makes you want to go to Cardiff? There's just something about it, I'd love to go there, well given I get an offer!
Reply 7
StotheL
Ah, wahay! What makes you want to go to Cardiff? There's just something about it, I'd love to go there, well given I get an offer!

Well I live here but im moving out next year anyway. I visited a lot of places and there is just something unique about having a biggish city without the drawbacks of the high crime rate etc that go with it!

Also has a really good night light if thats your thing:smile:
Reply 8
That makes 3 of us for Business Management :smile:

I'm also applying to do Business Economics too.

[And I'm applying to Cardiff because it's far enough to be from home, but close enough to get home cheaply, and it's a good university]
Reply 9
i am applying to civil eng and mechanics eng down there? is it good for studying either one of them down there?
Reply 10
I've applied for two:
French and Spanish
European Union Studies
:biggrin:
Reply 11
No Japanese applicants :frown:
It's currently one of my top choices, fighting with St Andrews.

Psychology with a Professional Placement all the way! :biggrin:
Medicine for me :smile:
Biomedical science

i havent visited yet, but obv will if i get an offer
Reply 15
any1 will do engineering down there ???
Reply 16
ScottyLP
That makes 3 of us for Business Management :smile:

I'm also applying to do Business Economics too.

[And I'm applying to Cardiff because it's far enough to be from home, but close enough to get home cheaply, and it's a good university]

Ah..wahay for us business ones :biggrin:

That's cool, I've never been to Wales before but I've met a lot of Welsh people on holidays and I got on with them really well. I'm irish (well, Northern Irish)..hoping you guys like us?! haha :rolleyes:
Reply 17
StotheL
Ah..wahay for us business ones :biggrin:

That's cool, I've never been to Wales before but I've met a lot of Welsh people on holidays and I got on with them really well. I'm irish (well, Northern Irish)..hoping you guys like us?! haha :rolleyes:

Your better than the English :P:

Welsh people love all of the fellow Celts, it's just the English that get a bit of light hearted jesting.

Cardiff is one of my favourite cities, and having been there during a few home games in the six nations (both in the stadium, and the pubs) I can safetly say the atmosphere is awesome, and there's not really too much hatred between anyone, not even the English.
Reply 18
You guys are going to love it if you end up going :biggrin:
Reply 19
ScottyLP
Your better than the English :P:

Welsh people love all of the fellow Celts, it's just the English that get a bit of light hearted jesting.

Cardiff is one of my favourite cities, and having been there during a few home games in the six nations (both in the stadium, and the pubs) I can safetly say the atmosphere is awesome, and there's not really too much hatred between anyone, not even the English.

Well, the irish banter can't be rivalled :p:

I've never been to Wales now, but I feel really drawn to Cardiff/Wales and I don't know why! I want to go to a uni that's sort of like a home away from home, Queens in Belfast is far too close to my hometown and going to uni there is like an extension of school :no: bad times!

I love how the Welsh absolutely love rugby, sort of of the irish I guess. I absolutely love the sport, so all sounds good to me! What's the party scene like in Cardiff? I hear it's great! I was thinking about going to Newcastle too, but the whole party party all the time thing puts me off..I like going out, but not all the time! Plus I don't want to go to a uni full of jerks, from the stories I've heard about Newcastle I've got that impression :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending