The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff Applications 09

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
another hopeful cardiff medic here.

the uni is great, I really liked the student union, I tend to go to cardiff once every month or two for the odd shopping excursion, to check the guitar shops, or to get to a gig. it's a really nice city with a pretty good nightlife.
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
I'm applying for German at Cardiff. It's my hometown so I'd be happy to get a place ^__^ I doubt I will though, with my appalling AS results. It's the one Uni I'm applying to that's probably a bit out of my league.
Reply 42
Management (Marketing) for me. Sent off UCAS through the week. Love Cardiff Uni. Will be first choice if I get offer without a doubt. Anyone else for this?
Reply 43
rushie89
Management (Marketing) for me. Sent off UCAS through the week. Love Cardiff Uni. Will be first choice if I get offer without a doubt. Anyone else for this?

I'm appyling for Business Management with Marketing too! :smile:
Reply 44
StotheL
I'm appyling for Business Management with Marketing too! :smile:

Cool. What are you predicted? I'm on a gap year with ABB so hope they'll have me! Have you been to look? I went to the open day in mid sept and loved it.

EDIT: oh, and where else you applied?
Reply 45
hey hey, i'm applying for radiography in cardiff, off for a department visit there tomorrow, can't wait!
Reply 46
I've got a nice pack through the post from Cardiff, with a letter saying I should have an offer "soon" and an invitation to attend the department on Feb 4th. I've applied for English Language and Communication. :smile:
Reply 47
Nickh_16
hey hey, i'm applying for radiography in cardiff, off for a department visit there tomorrow, can't wait!

heh nice I had a meeting with the head of radiography yesterday (27th). Was very friendly, and was given a nice little tour of the hospital which was nice.Hope your visit goes well. Are you applying for diagnostic or therapuetic?
Arianwen
I'm applying for English Language and Communication. My boyfriend lives in Cardiff, and it's a beautiful city, so I'd be really happy to be able to study there.

I take this course (minus Communication) and it's good. :biggrin:
LLB Law and Politics. Possibly.
Just got 2 conditional offers for Geology at Cardiff! :biggrin:
Reply 51
I'm applying for Criminology... its my favourite uni (I think) that I have visited and applyed for... Unfortunately after some not great AS results, not sure if I'm in with much of a chance. But ahhh I love Cardiff!!
chelski
I'm applying for Criminology... its my favourite uni (I think) that I have visited and applyed for... Unfortunately after some not great AS results, not sure if I'm in with much of a chance. But ahhh I love Cardiff!!

What're you predicted, what do Cardiff require?

If you love the city of Cardiff, there's always UWIC by the way. :smile:
Reply 53
Sounds really bad, but I don't actually know what I'm predicted :confused: I have emailed my teachers and am waiting for them to come back to me... I got ACCCC at AS though.

Right and here is where I got confused (easily done with me lol), the prospectus said ABB - BBC, but their website says ABB.

And UWIC don't do Criminology :frown:
Reply 54
JocastaJackal
I take this course (minus Communication) and it's good. :biggrin:

Oh, fantastic! If I get an offer, I might have to find you again and ask you more questions about what it's like. :smile:
Reply 55
I'm applying for 09 entry Physiotherapy.
I just graduated from Cardiff with a BSc in Biomedical Sciences- I loved the place so much that I want to go back!!
Reply 56
Got an offer for French and beginner's Spanish at Cardiff, ABC with the A in French
:biggrin:
Arianwen
Oh, fantastic! If I get an offer, I might have to find you again and ask you more questions about what it's like. :smile:

No problem. It's taught really well, I find. You might also like the fact that we get 7 to 8 hours per week... :P

Just so you know, I got the same letter as you did and got an offer, so it looks promising for you.
Reply 58
anyone applying civil engineering ???
Reply 59
rushie89
Cool. What are you predicted? I'm on a gap year with ABB so hope they'll have me! Have you been to look? I went to the open day in mid sept and loved it.

EDIT: oh, and where else you applied?

AAB/ABB :eek: I'm yet to send off my UCAS, sending it off in a week though. If I don't get an offer I don't know what I'll do! Well you've got the grades, so as long as you're PS is good you're sorted, lucky man! No, I'm heading over in Easter. What's Cardiff like? I've never been before, I just feel really drawn to it, it's sort of like Belfast (so I've been told by everyone) and I'm from Northern Ireland so I hope I'll like it!

Em, I'm not entirely sure yet. I know I'm also going to apply to Manchester, Newcastle and I'm not sure about the others as I've only a C in GCSE maths. I could apply to Aston but I'm not fond of the area at all. How about yourself?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending