The Student Room Group

Low UKCAT score

My UKCAT average score was 550 :no: real bad I know. Im trying to choose uni's that don't look at the UKCAT scores as much. Does anyone know which Uni's that are more leniant on the UKCAT score for 2009 entry?
Also, on the UCAS website...for Uni of bristol..one of the two dentistry choices courses are:

University of Bristol (B78) qualification

Dentistry - Second BDS entry (5 years) (A206) 5FT Hon BDS

Could anyone tell me the difference between second BDS entry and Dentistry on its own as a subject pls?

Thanks x
550 isn't a bad score. Remember it's the average score for prospective medical students who are top students in schools all over the country. That doesn't seem too bad to me.

Just make sure you have a great personal statement and a great interview and you'll be fine, they take everything into consideration.
Reply 2
Little Hobbit
550 isn't a bad score. Remember it's the average score for prospective medical students who are top students in schools all over the country. That doesn't seem too bad to me.

Just make sure you have a great personal statement and a great interview and you'll be fine, they take everything into consideration.

Yeah i agree as well. UKCAT isn't the deciding factor in ALL universities. It is in some, like Queen Marys i think. They put a lot of weighting on UKCAT but other universities will use it just as a guide. If your predictions and personal statement are good, i think u will stand a good chance.
Hope that helps! Have faith! :yep:
Reply 3
"Dentistry - First BDS (pre-dental) Entry (A204) 6FT Hon BDS" is a 6 year undergraduate course you choose if you have not done the required bio/chem A Levels.

"Dentistry - Second BDS entry (5 years) (A206)" is the degree you choose if you have done bio/chem at A Level and this is a 5 year degree.

and about your UKCAT... don't know what you're worried about mines worse! .. 525!! but i've still applied because its not the only thing they consider, i've contacted universities i'm applying to that do use UKCAT as part of the admissions process to ask about cut-off points, but they say it there isn't one and that its not the only thing they look at, they may place more emphasis on it if the applicant is acedemically weaker compared to other applications, but might not be so important is they are not. (Queen Mary's does have a cut-off point, once it receives all its applications it ranks everyone in UKCAT score order and then decides a cut-off point, so a low score here would be very risky!!)
Reply 4
"Dentistry - First BDS (pre-dental) Entry (A204) 6FT Hon BDS" and "Dentistry - Second BDS entry (5 years) (A206)" are both undergraduate degree courses ... i called one of them a undergraduate course and one of them a degree in my last post, just to let you know in case i've confused you!
Reply 5
Until you have my score stop complaining

Latest