The Student Room Group

Any review/opinions regarding excel exam centres

Basically title. I'm close to completing a deal with excel exam centre and sitting examinations/assessments for GCSE CAGs with them. However, I couldn't find reviews about them online and I would like to hear people's personal experience if they have used excel exam centre's services.
Just seen this. If it's the same exam centre I believe my tutee has been with, I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.
Please stay away from excel exam centres. They are absolutely frauds, unprofessional and rude.I booked my test for 12pm and was told to get there 15minutes before which I did.

Upon arrival the building was shut and their receptionist arrived at 11:58 (2 minutes before my exam was scheduled to start) and she was absolutely rude. She said she had no idea an exam was booked for the day and she is unsure if her colleagues know but he is running late. I couldn’t believe this is an approved exam centre.
She did not offer me a place to wait, she was aggressively rude and when her colleague arrived at 12:10, he had the same uncaring attitude.
I was so scared and worried and asked to be refunded my fees. I was told them being late and their staff being aggressively rude is not good enough reason to be refunded and they have refused to refund me.I have found a lawyer who is happy to represent me because he advised he has heard of similar issues with some exam centres taking advantages of students and acting improper and going against consumer rights and what was agreed.I am still shaken by it all as this happened yesterday but I am happy that I found someone who is willing to help without any charges because He is also shocked at their response as an approved exam centre.
Trust me stay away from this centre, I know they have a few branches, they also email you sometimes using a yahoo email address which is quite sketchy.
Reply 3
Original post by Diamond23456
Please stay away from excel exam centres. They are absolutely frauds, unprofessional and rude.I booked my test for 12pm and was told to get there 15minutes before which I did.

Upon arrival the building was shut and their receptionist arrived at 11:58 (2 minutes before my exam was scheduled to start) and she was absolutely rude. She said she had no idea an exam was booked for the day and she is unsure if her colleagues know but he is running late. I couldn’t believe this is an approved exam centre.
She did not offer me a place to wait, she was aggressively rude and when her colleague arrived at 12:10, he had the same uncaring attitude.
I was so scared and worried and asked to be refunded my fees. I was told them being late and their staff being aggressively rude is not good enough reason to be refunded and they have refused to refund me.I have found a lawyer who is happy to represent me because he advised he has heard of similar issues with some exam centres taking advantages of students and acting improper and going against consumer rights and what was agreed.I am still shaken by it all as this happened yesterday but I am happy that I found someone who is willing to help without any charges because He is also shocked at their response as an approved exam centre.
Trust me stay away from this centre, I know they have a few branches, they also email you sometimes using a yahoo email address which is quite sketchy.

I have just got off the phone with Excel Centres and if your lawyer wants any help and more information they can definitely get in touch with me. The owner of the company has just shouted down the phone because even though they made countless of mistakes in the preparation of my exam which was additional to the stress of the exam - they would not not send it to me via post without a £25 charge.
They gave my incorrect dates and times the morning of the exam which then moved 3 times after this in the space of a month, they advised I should change to a GCSE rather than an iGCSE saying there is barely a difference in the syllabus 3 weeks before (luckily I then got a tutor who advised me completely against this and I was charged to return.) My tutor at the time was astounded by what they were telling us in terms of delays, costs, exams etc because it simply was not true. I've seen other reviews claiming they have extorted students alongside the difficulties of covid and using it as an excuse, I completely agree. Ofqual should absolutely look into their services.
Original post by viktorstefanov
Basically title. I'm close to completing a deal with excel exam centre and sitting examinations/assessments for GCSE CAGs with them. However, I couldn't find reviews about them online and I would like to hear people's personal experience if they have used excel exam centre's services.

Hi, I would love to know how your experience with excel exam centre went. I am thinking of using this exam centre but as you mentioned before, there are not many reviews about them.

Any info on how they were would really help me on deciding whether or not to go with them.

Many thanks,

Quick Reply

Latest