The Student Room Group

Newcastle university or City University of London

I got conditional offers from both of these universities for Masters in literature and cannot decide which university to choose. One has a more professional way of going about the course while the other has a more academic approach. What's recommended considering that I am an international student and also have to think in terms of employability? I understand living in London is expensive but with university accommodation it kind of amounts the same.
Reply 1
Newcastle is a Russel Gorup univeristy, which means it's much more recognised and offers much better employment perspectives. It also has more funds, which means there are more teachers per students, better facilities and such! It's also a very nice city!
Reply 2
Original post by kwtkwsk
Newcastle is a Russel Gorup univeristy, which means it's much more recognised and offers much better employment perspectives. It also has more funds, which means there are more teachers per students, better facilities and such! It's also a very nice city!

Thanks man. That helped a lot. Also, do you have any idea how sussex uni is? I am a bit torn between Newcastle and Sussex. They are not much different in ranking and the only difference is that newcastle is russel group while sussex is not and the course modules aren't that different either. The only thing pushing me towards sussex is the beach and that one of my friends too got into that university.
Tynemouth is a short ride on the metro from Newcastle. The beaches there are wide and sandy. Sussex is warmer, but the beaches aren't as good. The beach at Brighton is pebbles.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending