The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Sussex Uni Halls Accomodation rent January 2021 - April 2021 £2000, wasted.

Uni Halls rent still due January 2021 - April 2021, £2000 to pour down the drain

I have just discovered I have a monumental problem.

Credit control without saying anything have swooped and taken nearly £2,000.00 from my bank account which they now say is rent due 13 April 2021 - 19 June 2021 but I am still waiting to return to halls after Covid!

Additionally I owe from January 2021 -April 2021 almost another £2,000.00 but I was not allowed back to my room at all during this time frame due to Covid.

I have literally not been in my student room since early December.

University of Sussex manage approximately 5100 beds mainly for Foundation and 1st year students. Anyone else in this frightening situation?

Or am I really the only one?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Am I really the only one here in this situation?
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by bluecargirl
Am I really the only one here in this situation?

Hello @bluecargirl,

I'm sorry to hear about your current situation. Have you tried contacting the Student Life Centre?
There's also a Hard Ship Fund available if you are experiencing financial difficulties. You are able to apply for hardship support if you are fully registered on a full time Undergraduate course or a full or part time Postgraduate Taught or Research course.

If you email Student Life Centre and mention the Government scheme and the Hard Ship Fund, they will be able to assist you. You can email ([email protected]) or alternatively call their enquiry line 01273 876767 which is open 10am-3pm every weekday.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Erica (3rd Year BSc Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending