The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Class Load

Im curious as to how many classes one is allowed to or should take as a first year humanities student at University of Edinburgh. The website says the courses should add up to 120 credits but the degree programme table seems to offer more per year. Theres so many interesting courses I want to take the most possible to challenge myself without it being too overwhelming.
Original post by Anonymous
Im curious as to how many classes one is allowed to or should take as a first year humanities student at University of Edinburgh. The website says the courses should add up to 120 credits but the degree programme table seems to offer more per year. Theres so many interesting courses I want to take the most possible to challenge myself without it being too overwhelming.

Not sure if it's the same with the College of Humanities & Social Sciences, but you usually have to speak to your Personal Tutor and discuss it if you want to do more than 120 credits per year.

If you want to explore different things, first-year/second-year i.e. pre honours is definitely the best time to do so.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending