The Student Room Group

ARM software engineer apprenticeship

Tomorrow I have the video interview and I'm not prepared for it :frown:
I was wondering if anybody has done the video interview and can shed some light on the questions asked as I'm only aware that there will be 4 competency-based questions
Thank you x
the competency based questions you always need to prepare for (because you can't convincingly guess the answers) are:
- why do you want to work here (look at the company culture/values/work)
- why do you want to work in this industry
- why do you want to be a software engineer
- something about an example of the work the company has done, or something along those lines, that you found interesting

any one or all of those questions can come up and you only really need one clear concise answer to each but you have to have done research

other than that you'll get asked questions like tell me a time you worked in a team/tell me know you like to learn/tell me about a challenge you faced and all of those you can answers with a few seconds of thought, its just a question of explaining the s[ituation] t[ask] a[ction] r[esult] as you probably have heard
Reply 2
Original post by HoldThisL
the competency based questions you always need to prepare for (because you can't convincingly guess the answers) are:
- why do you want to work here (look at the company culture/values/work)
- why do you want to work in this industry
- why do you want to be a software engineer
- something about an example of the work the company has done, or something along those lines, that you found interesting

any one or all of those questions can come up and you only really need one clear concise answer to each but you have to have done research

other than that you'll get asked questions like tell me a time you worked in a team/tell me know you like to learn/tell me about a challenge you faced and all of those you can answers with a few seconds of thought, its just a question of explaining the s[ituation] t[ask] a[ction] r[esult] as you probably have heard

Thank you so much!!!
Reply 3
Hi, how did you get on with the interview? Was it with a person or just on camera? Thanks
Original post by Mattytas1
Hi, how did you get on with the interview? Was it with a person or just on camera? Thanks
Hi, I've made a new thread for us 2024 Applicants feel free to contribute there instead:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7450914#post99221783
Original post by Rubyonox
Thank you so much!!!

Did you attend the interview? If you do not mind me asking how was it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending