The Student Room Group

L4 Lloyds software engineer apprenticeship 2023

*this thread is only made to keep an eye on the progress of the recruitment*
I did the online assessment about 2 weeks ago and waiting for an invitation to the AC/rejection (London location).
Has anyone received invites/rejections or are they yet to send them out?
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I only completed the assessment this week and haven't received the feedback from the assessment but I'm confident I did well on the assessment, I also applied for the London location.
I don't think they've done invites yet the role closes May 9 so there is still some time.
I applied and completed the online assessment, waiting to see if I moved onto the next stage. Am I correct in assuming one doesn't need to have any prior experience to join these types of roles? I have a keen interest to get into software engineering but I can't say I have experience in it as I am trying to make a career change. Very excited about the role but hopefully let's see...would love to hear from others that have been through it and can give an insight what to expect in the virtual assessment stage?
Original post by Musa2023
I applied and completed the online assessment, waiting to see if I moved onto the next stage. Am I correct in assuming one doesn't need to have any prior experience to join these types of roles? I have a keen interest to get into software engineering but I can't say I have experience in it as I am trying to make a career change. Very excited about the role but hopefully let's see...would love to hear from others that have been through it and can give an insight what to expect in the virtual assessment stage?

Hi, no you don’t need previous work experience for the L4 apprenticeship, they mainly want to know what makes you interested in the field and examples in your previous experiences that match the role (for example team work, attention to details ) . I’ve not done the AC yet so I don’t have an answer to that:smile:
Original post by Sezes1
I only completed the assessment this week and haven't received the feedback from the assessment but I'm confident I did well on the assessment, I also applied for the London location.
I don't think they've done invites yet the role closes May 9 so there is still some time.

I agree, have you received the feedback report yet? I got mine after 3 days and it’s adaptability, counterpoint as strength and ownership as weakness. I’m still not sure if it’s a good sign
Reply 5
Original post by Georgeessel
I agree, have you received the feedback report yet? I got mine after 3 days and it’s adaptability, counterpoint as strength and ownership as weakness. I’m still not sure if it’s a good sign

mine were growth and adaptability, as strengths and program affinity as weakness which I am pretty sure is not a good thing but hopefully, there's still hope. I have never done an assessment centre though so I'm not too sure about them .
Original post by Sezes1
mine were growth and adaptability, as strengths and program affinity as weakness which I am pretty sure is not a good thing but hopefully, there's still hope. I have never done an assessment centre though so I'm not too sure about them .

Yeah you never know with these so let’s hope for the best. The few assessment centres I’ve been in were pretty easygoing and they always send you an email either on what to prepare on or with a schedule of what will happen :smile:
Got my feedback today, hopefully an invitation follows soon for the assessment centre. Feedback seemed overall really positive so let's see.
I got my feedback for online assessment 2 weeks ago, havent heard back since. My weakness was adaptibility, so idk. But hopefully get to the AC.
Reply 9
hey,

Everyone just a little update, I came off an information meeting led by the apprenticeship provider, Firebrand, and llyolds .
some things I found out are :

if you already have a level 4 you're not likely to get a place on the program due to government funding which requires that in this apprenticeship you are learning new skills

aiming to have Assessment Day in June, it will contain: a range of mini-interviews and group exercise

we should expect to hear back about getting to the next stage in 1-2 weeks ( MAYBE, this still needs to be confirmed)

BCs are likely to be the ones assessing your apprenticeship portfolio and give you the grade of pass ,merit or distinction

(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Sezes1
hey,

Everyone just a little update, I came off an information meeting led by the apprenticeship provider, Firebrand, and llyolds .

if you already have a level 4 you're not likely to get a place on the program due to government funding which requires that in this apprenticeship you are learning new skills

aiming to have Assessment Day in June, it will contain: a range of mini-interviews and group exercise

we should expect to hear back about getting to the next stage in 1-2 weeks ( MAYBE, this still needs to be confirmed)

BCs are likely to be the ones assessing your apprenticeship portfolio and give you the grade of pass ,merit or distinction

Are the AC more likely to be virtual or in person?
Reply 11
Original post by Harbinder
Are the AC more likely to be virtual or in person?

On the application it said virtual so I’m going to assume it’ll be virtual but I didn’t ask to be fair .
Original post by Sezes1
hey,

Thank you for the info:smile:
Reply 13
I completed my Job Insight Assessment around 4 weeks ago, got an email this morning telling me my application is still under consideration, and it may take them a few weeks to make a decision because of the vacancy being open until 10/05/23. Has anybody got any further in the process yet?
Original post by Dash11
I completed my Job Insight Assessment around 4 weeks ago, got an email this morning telling me my application is still under consideration, and it may take them a few weeks to make a decision because of the vacancy being open until 10/05/23. Has anybody got any further in the process yet?

Same here
Original post by Dash11

I received the same email after completing the application 2 weeks ago.
Reply 16
Which locations did you both apply for out of interest? I was Halifax
Original post by Dash11

I applied for London, really hoping I get this. Do you think it's more than one role for the position per area?
Original post by Dash11

I also applied for London
To everyone whos applied for the Level 4 SDE Apprenticeship with Lloyds. Here is an update email in case you havent recieved it yet:

Hello,

Thank you for applying for the Software Engineer Apprenticeship with Lloyds Banking Group.

We wanted to let you know that your application is still under consideration for this role. Please note - as this vacancy is not due to close until Wednesday 10th May, it may take us a few weeks after this date to get back to you with an update.

In the meantime, thank you for your continued interest in this vacancy.

Kind Regards,

The Lloyds Banking Group Recruitment Team.

So most likely we're not going to hear anything a week or two after the 10th of May.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending