The Student Room Group

Help gcse dt ideas

Hi I’m aiming to create a jewellery box for dt gcse . However i want to make the design more original and suitable for visual impairment or other disabilities . I’m stuck on how to achieve this . Also i want to make it so by pressing a button my jewellery box opens how can I achieve this ?

Also my main idea was to have a mini character below as if holding up the jewellery box and i wanted it to at a press of a button or switch its legs or arms would extend slightly lifting or lowering the box how do i achieve this do i need make a circuit and if so how . If anyone knows step by step
Reply 1
For vision i would say make any text large, look at colours which are better for those who are colour blind. Make sure to write that this was the reason behind the colour or the font.

I would also speak to your teacher and ask them would this be possible/ feasible. As some schools may have limited materials/ equipment/ machinery to help manufacture the product. Finally, by asking your teacher they would be aware of this is too complex, should you reduce some elements etc, and maybe even how you could showcase this.

I apologise that this doesn’t really answer all of your question, but I would definitely encourage you to speak to your teacher, as they will be more skilled than most of us students on here
Reply 2
Also to add on about the button to open, if you can’t find anything about a button, you could use some hinges and like a latch like this https://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/wooden-storage-box-30cm-x-20cm-x-13cm/6173751000.html
With it being GCSE it doesn’t need to be as complex as a level. Even then you just need to show that your being creative and trying to solve an issue - the context.
Reply 3
Original post by 7899
Also to add on about the button to open, if you can’t find anything about a button, you could use some hinges and like a latch like this https://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/wooden-storage-box-30cm-x-20cm-x-13cm/6173751000.html
With it being GCSE it doesn’t need to be as complex as a level. Even then you just need to show that your being creative and trying to solve an issue -

Thankyou so much ill keep all this is mind and confer with my teacher - by any chance do you have any tips on what to add for coursework to make it high level especially with design spec / brief

Quick Reply

Latest