The Student Room Group
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton

Deanery Halls - What can I expect?

Hey guys, I'm hopefully going to be living in Deanery Halls Block B for my first year at Solent. Anyone got anything which I might need to bear in mind before moving such as things to bring or what the reputation for the halls is (is it a lively place, are people nice).

Also if possible could anyone send some images of the spaces in Deanery because you don't get much from the video that would be much appreciated
Original post by galactictea
Hey guys, I'm hopefully going to be living in Deanery Halls Block B for my first year at Solent. Anyone got anything which I might need to bear in mind before moving such as things to bring or what the reputation for the halls is (is it a lively place, are people nice).

Also if possible could anyone send some images of the spaces in Deanery because you don't get much from the video that would be much appreciated

Hi @galactictea, It's great that you're looking to move into our Deanery Halls. We think you'll love it! Attached is a link to our "What should I bring" page which will give you a good overview of what you'll need to bring when moving into halls at Solent. https://www.solent.ac.uk/studying-at-solent/accommodation/moving-in/what-to-bring

You may need to buy lots of essential items for your new kitchen and bedroom. To make this easier, several companies offer packs containing all the items that you need. To save on space in the car, many of these companies can arrange for the packs to be delivered into your study bedroom before you arrive. Businesses that offer this service include, Click2Campus and Uni Kit Out. I have attached links to both of their websites below.

http://www.click2campus.com/
https://www.unikitout.com/

If I can help with anything else, please don't hesitate to ask! - Chloe :smile:
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton
Original post by galactictea

I've just put my sons name down for these halls. Did you move into them and how has your first year been? Thanks
Hey,I was in Deanery, it's alright. Can be noisy, but it's generally the most social out of the halls.My main gripe was the lifts were too loud and kept me up at night, but they're being renovated over the summer. It's honestly down to how your flat are. Personally mine were quite noisy and didn't always get on, but I still made plenty of friends in the building :smile:
Original post by British2018
Hey,I was in Deanery, it's alright. Can be noisy, but it's generally the most social out of the halls.My main gripe was the lifts were too loud and kept me up at night, but they're being renovated over the summer. It's honestly down to how your flat are. Personally mine were quite noisy and didn't always get on, but I still made plenty of friends in the building :smile:

Thank you. Have asked for a "quieter flat" as this was one of the options. Let's see! Are you glad your close deanery or would you have chosen somewhere else of you had choice again?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending