The Student Room Group

i think friends hate me

how do I tell if this is true?
i mean, why do you think they are hate you?
Reply 2
Has there just been one moment where you've thought that or is this something you've thought for a while?

You gotta give us some details mate...
Why do you care?
Original post by harlz_chalamet
i mean, why do you think they are hate you?

- Always have secret conversations
- Have sleepovers a lot without me
- On their accounts they post videos showing our group including everyone except me
- Nearly all the time they hang out but never bother to tell me
- When I'm sat near them they go on about what they're doing on the weekends and whos going (everyone except me)
- When I went awol (not purposely) they never bothered to see if I was okay
- Awkward feeling when I'm around
- They'v invite a bunch of people to hang out on weekend and even invited the boys who they hate. then talked about it infront of me in pe and when I asked what they were on about they were like oh dw you aren't coming i don't think
Original post by mxxnal
Has there just been one moment where you've thought that or is this something you've thought for a while?

You gotta give us some details mate...

a while.

Original post by JAckieee.chan
Why do you care?

bc i'm seriously giving up on everything and my family hate me so my friends are the last thing i have left.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Partygirl2021
a while. I moved house and schools last year

bc i'm seriously giving up on everything and my family hate me so my friends are the last thing i have left

Then I think you should worry about why your family hates you. Friends are temporary but family is permanent.
- On their accounts they post videos showing our group including everyone except me
- When I'm sat near them they go on about what they're doing on the weekends and whos going (everyone except me)
- They'v invite a bunch of people to hang out on weekend and even invited the boys who they hate. then talked about it infront of me in pe and when I asked what they were on about they were like oh dw you aren't coming i don't think

I think they don't hate you. They are just messing around with you.
Then I think you should worry about why your family hates you. Friends are temporary but family is permanent.

because my parents are abusive.
Reply 9

It might not be easy but I think you should cut them off, it's better to be alone than to keep toxic company. Find other friends who will value you

Get new friends.
Why do you care?

You probably should care, surrounding yourself by people who dislike you and tricking yourself into thinking they're your friends is really bad for your mental health.

However, OP, I also wouldn't assume that they just hate you right away. Do they have your back and are they reliable? If not, then they might not be very good friends but their intentions might be pure, I wouldn't just dismiss those people. It's also possible that they just don't care all that much for you, which is a red flag. If they're being mean though or gang up on you - then you should probably try to change who you're surrounding yourself with.

1 to 1 time with friends can really test friendship, if it comes natural and is a good time - it's safe to say you're friends. If it gets cold or awkward then maybe you're friendship is not as developed as you thought. Some things to consider.
Original post by Toobaaa
It might not be easy but I think you should cut them off, it's better to be alone than to keep toxic company. Find other friends who will value you

That's the problem. I moved around a year ago and lets just say my new school isn't the best place to chose friends. I've been through every group and they're all the same.

okay bro, i think it's time to get some new friends. if they were real, they wouldn't be like that at all around you !!!

maybe, if i were in your situation, tell them how you feel?? (maybe tell the girl/boy, who you feel closest to how you feel)

OR tell someone who actually knows these 'friends' so they can give you their view! good luck xx
have been there.. being the odd fish and all...
Its not easy to confront about it but try getting them have an open convo with you... If you think they're beyond your reach, the next option is to accept the fact that there are true friends out there who would value your presence...It's a matter of finding them out...
you need to be making fat stacks because you be living rent free in the mind of them haters for real
get some friends who are all about live this time

IK it sounds hard, but drop them. Friends dont do them sort of things to you. Dont waste your time on people like that
Reply 17
That's the problem. I moved around a year ago and lets just say my new school isn't the best place to chose friends. I've been through every group and they're all the same.

ditch your group and find a person you know likes you and youre happy to be good friends with and tell them how you feel and tag along with their group. as that person knows how you feel they might try to invite you to things they do on the weekends. but also invite that friend to do things so you guys can have a strong bond. my friend couldnt really fit in but i was really close to her and also not very close to my group so i always talked to her and kept her company while nobody else in my group really liked her and we became really good friends. i still stayed in the group and they kinda accepted it but there wasnt much they could do about it anyway. i can imagine how it feels to feel left out but you need to find that someone thats gonna go out of their way to make you feel happy and accepted.

Babe don’t even bother about that anymore They seem like really rude people so you won’t benefit or be happy from being friends with them anyway. Either find new friends or learn to enjoy your own company because you’re obviously not the problem in this situation. Your “friends” are

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending