The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Questions about direct entry to 2nd year at Edinburgh

I have lately heard that the university had a way for non-Scottish students to apply for direct entry to the second year, and thus regretting that I was not aware of this when I applied for Edinburgh for first-year entry (MA International Relations) back then.

I have read through all the details of the modules I will be able to or obliged to take in the first year and realised that the majority of them would basically be a review of what I have done in grade 12, which deeply concerns me as I am paying the international student's tuition fee for a year of reviewing.

Currently, I am waiting for matriculation after firming my first-year entry offer (unconditional) from Edinburgh.

I know it's my fault for not knowing about this earlier, but is there a way for me to change my first-year entry into second-year?

Who are eligible for direct entry to the second year? Looking at my status, would I have been eligible for it?

I don't know if this helps to figure out the eligibility:
I have graduated from a Canadian high school (Ontario) with over 90% in grade 12, all six of them being U courses.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending