The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Acceptance first year in University of Edinburgh

Hi, I am currently student studying first year in engineering at University of Birmingham, I changed my mind to physics so I decided to re take the first year and applied through UCAS for mathematical physics course and the university that I want it is University of Edinburgh.

I am International student and my foundation year grades are AAB, do you think it will accept me?

The entry requirements in website is like this "A Levels: AAA - ABB in one set of exams."
Original post by Zeroldx
Hi, I am currently student studying first year in engineering at University of Birmingham, I changed my mind to physics so I decided to re take the first year and applied through UCAS for mathematical physics course and the university that I want it is University of Edinburgh.
I am International student and my foundation year grades are AAB, do you think it will accept me?
The entry requirements in website is like this "A Levels: AAA - ABB in one set of exams."

Edinburgh is the 2nd most popular university in UK. On average there are 10 applicants for each place compared with say Cambridge which is 6 to 1
This means that competition is fierce and that for many the top level requirements are a must ,some even being given offers about the Standard ones. So yours sits in between. However international students are attractive to universities in Scotland as they help finance the free tuition that home students get. This means that whilst your grades might not be up at the standard entry level the fact that you will pay is something of a positive. All things said though..it is impossible to say if you would get an offer or not plus Edinburgh sends it's offers out very much later than all other UK universities
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending