The Student Room Group

Provisional Licence still not through!!!

I turned 17 in October, and before I did I sent off my provisional licence application. I was sent the application return form (despite providing my passport and everything necessary online) but ended up never completing my application as we were due to move house, and I wasn’t desperate to drive at the time.

I reapplied on 6th April, to which I was sent another application return form. I filled out the necessary details and attached a photo (again despite providing my passport online - still unsure why they needed a form as all my friends have done theirs online and had it within 2 weeks). It has now been 6+ weeks since the DVLA should have received my form. I contacted them on Twitter around 4 weeks ago to which I was told up to 6 weeks. I have contacted them again but to no avail as they are currently not working customer service until Monday due to building work. Has anyone had similar experiences recently? I am beginning to get impatient and frustrated with the lack of information! Can anyone answer why I had to send a paper form?
me too. i have sent mine off around the middle of April and still nothing back. I’ve tried calling and they’re undergoing some sort of maintenance so can’t answer the phone
Reply 2
We're still in a pandemic and the DVLA are still randomly on strike
I had to wait over a year and a half for mine, if you have to declare anything medical it slows it down substantially
It’s just been issued :smile: was a case of waiting it out
Hi, how long exactly did it take for you? From the date that you mailed your paper form to the date of arrival? I mailed my paperwork 8 weeks ago and I have heard nothing! Thanks :smile:
Original post by HadleyJohnston
Hi, how long exactly did it take for you? From the date that you mailed your paper form to the date of arrival? I mailed my paperwork 8 weeks ago and I have heard nothing! Thanks :smile:

I believe it ended up being around 8 weeks total but I can’t remember for certain - just keep an eye on your tracking link! Hopefully it won’t be too much longer! 🤞
Original post by XxlozbornexX
I believe it ended up being around 8 weeks total but I can’t remember for certain - just keep an eye on your tracking link! Hopefully it won’t be too much longer! 🤞

Yeah it just turned 8 weeks for me. Still the same application status of.

"In Progress: Awaiting Application Return Form"

Loving the DVLA rn.

Good Luck with Driving

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending