The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Dr_Death
Just to reiterate my opinion: I'm Christian, IMO homosexuality is wrong to the same extent that divorce, sex outside of marriage, adultery, embezzlement, ect are wrong, and homosexuality shouldn't be singled out as being worse than anything else, and homosexuals shouldn't be ostracised.

I know you are christian but I know very few muslims who are like yourself with these views.
Reply 381
Elainawilliams
I know you are christian but I know very few muslims who are like yourself with these views.

Why do you expect Muslims and Christians to hold the same views? :confused:
Reply 382
Topdude is right
Dr_Death
Why do you expect Muslims and Christians to hold the same views? :confused:

When it comes to such issues, yes. I have come across christians and muslims holding the same views on homosexuality, e.g being a choice and its wrong and sinful, so yes.
Elainawilliams
When it comes to such issues, yes. I have come across christians and muslims holding the same views on homosexuality, e.g being a choice and its wrong and sinful, so yes.

I'm a Christian and I don't believe it's a choice.

L
Reply 385
Elainawilliams
You say you are a hindu right, but I think you are a muslim. No hindu I know, in our generation is so homophobic because of religious views. I think you are a muslim.

BY the way I was talking to a hindu woman at work today and she said no way would a hindu of our generation go on and on about being punished in the after life by a god for being gay.

Come on tell us the truth.

thats coz most hindus in our generation have never bothered to read the rig-veda and the onlt thing they know about our religion is that we should celebrate diwali. and now im not muslim, if u have read any of my posts on the religion section you will see this. even if i was to decide thayt god doesnt exist, i will still think homosexuality was wrong. go tell the hindu woman at work to speak to a proper brahmin about it.
silkymouse1
I just get tired knowing how I'll walk down the street with my girlfriend, and even if you're not the one hurling the abuse, you'll be the one giving us the 'you're wrong' look.
I just get tired.

Omg that's the first tsr post that's actually made me cry.
I know exactly what you mean.

ZarathustraX :frown:
elpaw
really?

would you ever choose to be gay?

hmm...I wouldn't necessarily say that. It's no shame being gay or trans, or bi or whatever as long as you are happy. Well, I understand that gay people are under severe discrimination by uncultivated people like them. Probably that's why your question contains an inclination to change your homosexuality to hetero should you have the choice.

but I respect and support anyone for their striving for freedom over one's sexual orientation, and I despise and condemn those who pretend to know them and yet are ignorant in every particular.

However, I do not see in the near future that sexuality liberation will come to a stage such that everyone would accept others' sexuality like how we accept female in the working environment. Along the way, there must be some sacrifice. Nevertheless, the issue itself is inevitable and will be resolved eventually.
topdude
lol, there is some truth in that i suppose (and before any1 thinks im racist i am actually asian......some positive discrimination please!)

:eek: I am asian as well, but I still find your attitude disgusting and repulsive. same applies to those with you.
topdude
thats coz most hindus in our generation have never bothered to read the rig-veda and the onlt thing they know about our religion is that we should celebrate diwali. and now im not muslim, if u have read any of my posts on the religion section you will see this. even if i was to decide thayt god doesnt exist, i will still think homosexuality was wrong. go tell the hindu woman at work to speak to a proper brahmin about it.

how about I am anti-religious.

How very delightful you should be! and Indeed you are.
Reply 390
~*glitter*~
he didnt, it was my idea, hes one of my best friends

so shut up

thanks for sticking up for me! i appreciate it. and your one of my best friends to!
:aetsch:
Reply 391
lessthanthree
hahaa, that's the dumbest thing I've ever seen. I never realised that it was impossible for asians to be racist. :rolleyes:

Either way, you've proven yourself to be a closeminded little snot who, when asked for justification for what they're saying reverts to "its sick"..y'know..like in primary school.

If you're going to be all "contraversial" and extreme, you could at least have something of substance to back up your own argument and opinions. Otherwise, just shut up.

which i did go on 2 do
Reply 392
GroovyBaby
how about I am anti-religious.

How very delightful you should be! and Indeed you are.

i see this has been edited, but what were u trying 2 say coz i dont get it
My best friend's gay,I absolutely love him to bits but all my other male friends are afraid of him!It's like they think he's gonna take advantage of them at the first opportunity :rolleyes:
Apparently the Catholic and Anglican Churches don't see homosexuality as a sin anymore,as long as one is celibate....
IMHO,homophobia is every bit as bad as racism :mad:
Reply 394
~*sparkle*~
thanks for sticking up for me! i appreciate it. and your one of my best friends to!
:aetsch:
aww thanx dude!!!!!! love you too!!!
Reply 395
topdude
i see this has been edited, but what were u trying 2 say coz i dont get it

it was a string of expletives about religion
Reply 396
topdude
got more hits and replies then the tsunami thread which is a sticky.....
maybe not so good
well 1 of my mates at skl is bi, which is kl an i hav no probs with, an 2 other mates are gay, again i have no problem! mayb thats because im bi too, but hey!
hollylianne
well 1 of my mates at skl is bi, which is kl an i hav no probs with, an 2 other mates are gay, again i have no problem! mayb thats because im bi too, but hey!

Riiiight... English PLEASE!
Reply 399
being gay is the BEST! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending