The Student Room Group

UCAS Conditional offer for university. Can I accept Unconditional College offer?

I applied for a degree course through UCAS. I received a conditional for 4 B grades (highers). My provisional results are AABC. I'm unsure if I will actually get my place at uni with these grades, won't find out till August 10th. I have a conditional place for HND at college, which I do have the grades for. I did not apply through UCAS, I applied to the college directly. Do I send my grades and firmly accept the college offer incase the uni does not take me with a dropped grade? Will it affect my university application if I firmly accept the college? I don't want to be left with no place at all anywhere., but I would really prefer the uni if they take me. What would you do?
what
if u have the grades for college you’ll get in? also if u have a conditional offer for uni, when u view the offer it says what grades u need so if u have ur grades now then surely u already know if u got in
Reply 3
Original post by brokestudent3
if u have the grades for college you’ll get in? also if u have a conditional offer for uni, when u view the offer it says what grades u need so if u have ur grades now then surely u already know if u got in

Its provisional grades. The University are not looking at grades till released through SQA in August, so we will not know till August if the uni accepts me with the c grade.
Original post by Anonymous
Its provisional grades. The University are not looking at grades till released through SQA in August, so we will not know till August if the uni accepts me with the c grade.

ok but. when you get a conditional offer from a uni it says what grades or qualifications you need so you should already know w ur provisional grades. if ur grades are less than what the uni are asking for, you won’t have gotten in but sometimes uni’s do let u in if u don’t meet the conditions. as u said tho, u have the grades for a HND in college so u won’t be left with no options and UCAS extra/clearing is always an option
I applied for a degree course through UCAS. I received a conditional for 4 B grades (highers). My provisional results are AABC. I'm unsure if I will actually get my place at uni with these grades, won't find out till August 10th. I have a conditional place for HND at college, which I do have the grades for. I did not apply through UCAS, I applied to the college directly. Do I send my grades and firmly accept the college offer incase the uni does not take me with a dropped grade? Will it affect my university application if I firmly accept the college? I don't want to be left with no place at all anywhere., but I would really prefer the uni if they take me. What would you do?

Hi. I would contact the university’s faculty admission team for the faculty you wish to study in and just ask them. Have you just finished a year at school in Scotland with lots of lockdown home learning? I think you should make a strong case to them if you feel this has resulted in your C grade and that you would have obtained a B under normal circumstances with proper face-2-face teaching. Also what subject do you want to study in and what are your Highers in? If your A grades are particularly relevant to your intended degree then they may consider this is more important than the fact your 4th B turned out to be a C. Would you mind me asking what the C is in?
Reply 6
Hi. I would contact the university’s faculty admission team for the faculty you wish to study in and just ask them. Have you just finished a year at school in Scotland with lots of lockdown home learning? I think you should make a strong case to them if you feel this has resulted in your C grade and that you would have obtained a B under normal circumstances with proper face-2-face teaching. Also what subject do you want to study in and what are your Highers in? If your A grades are particularly relevant to your intended degree then they may consider this is more important than the fact your 4th B turned out to be a C. Would you mind me asking what the C is in?

It's to study History. A History, A English, B Sociology and C Psychology. They sent out emails saying they can't accept provisional grades, but if you don't meet your condition not to panic as they look at more than grades. So it's a wait and see, but with HND as the back up plan. Was just worried that accepting college place as a back up would in some way jeopardise uni situation.
It's to study History. A History, A English, B Sociology and C Psychology. They sent out emails saying they can't accept provisional grades, but if you don't meet your condition not to panic as they look at more than grades. So it's a wait and see, but with HND as the back up plan. Was just worried that accepting college place as a back up would in some way jeopardise uni situation.

Good luck with it. I would think the fact your As are in History and English would be a strong indication you would be a great candidate for a history degree. Sorry I don’t have any experience relating to accepting the HND offer or it’s implications.

Wait until august result day
Reply 9
Thanks everyone.
Just for anyone searching in the future that is worried about not meeting their conditions with one lower grade, I got my university place. So there is hope if you don't exactly meet your conditions.

Quick Reply

Latest