The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

DaveJ
Started revising 2 months before. Maybe I'd have got the same results if I did less, maybe I wouldn't; didn't want to take any chances. :p:

A good time to start revising beforehand :smile:
LOL Ahhhh what i'd give to go back to GCSE days...
I ended up with A,A,A,A,B,B,B,B,C. Not great, but not bad :smile:.
The whole 2 years (year 10 and 11- ESPECIALLY 10!!) Were a complete waste for me. I basically learnt nothing throughout those 2 years, then about a couple of weeks before the exams, I CRAMMED until I couldn't cram anymore, and came out with good results, after getting C's and D's in the mocks.

I did about 4 hours revision for English (A,A)
7 days (relaxed) revision for Maths (B)
Science- about 2 weeks revision for Phys, Chem and Bio. (A,B)
History .. I don't even remember.. not enough ha... (C)
Art .. no revision... but a lot of c/w (B)
R.E... [year 10].. I revised the Marks Gospel stories loads!!!.. I was most nervous for this exam as it was my first, but then became relaxed when doing my others :P not good ha.... (A).

So there you go, story of my GCSE life.

But OOOOOOMG AS Levels are soooo much harder. The volume of information in less than a year (how stupid is that.. we got 2 years for piss easy GCSE's..) is unbelievable... :frown::frown:
I hope I do okay.... I got C,D,B,B in the mocks :frown: want to get it up to atleast BBBB!!!!! (preferably and A in English Lit :smile:)
Reply 62
Well i am going to take mine in June my mock results were not so great D and C mostly. Therefore i started revision now. My aim is to do 5 hours on weekends and 3 on a school night. Hope this will get me through the pain of GCSE
v1oXx-
Not much. I did some.

I always thought that the lady in your sig. was your mother; I don't know why, but hey! :p:

Latest