The Student Room Group

noise cancelling headphones

Loud neighbours with annoying kids have moved in next door. I want to get noise cancelling headphones for when I'm working.

Any good recommendations?

Also might sound like a dumb question but do you have to turn them on and listen to music for noise cancelling to work?
G933. the new model is maybe G935. Its a great wireless headphone. But you can only use it in PC. I have been using it for around 3 years and it served me well.
Or if you want to use it on your phone also, then sony wh-1000xm4 is great.
(edited 2 years ago)
Sony and Bose currently offer the best ANC. You can look into the bose 700 and/or the sony WH1000Xm3 or WH1000Xm4. You must turn the headphones on for the ANC to work, thankfully the battery life on these headphones is great.

Edit: you don't have to play music for it to work :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by JAckieee.chan
G933. the new model is maybe G935. Its a great wireless headphone. But you can only use it in PC. I have been using it for around 3 years and it served me well.
Or if you want to use it on your phone also, then sony wh-1000xm4 is great.

Thank you so much for replying, do you need to play music for noise cancelling to work on those?
Reply 4
Original post by Casper0901
Sony and Bose currently offer the best ANC. You can look into the bose 700 and/or the sony WH1000Xm3 or WH1000Xm4. You must turn the headphones on for the ANC to work, thankfully the battery life on these headphones is great.

Edit: you don't have to play music for it to work :smile:

Thank you so much for replying, I will look into those
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you so much for replying, do you need to play music for noise cancelling to work on those?

For G933 - I would say if you don't play music, you won't be able to hear 70% of external noises. And if you use music you won't be able to hear any external noises. and G933 is surround sound. It's one of the best headphones in the market for music and movies. The only drawback is that you are limited to PC usage only.

Try watching youtube reviews, it'll help you a lot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending