The Student Room Group

Fees without and with ILR

Hi, so I've been living and studying in the UK for almost 3 yrs now, I'll finish yr 13 (IB) in summer 2022. We're expecting our ILR by Nov 2023, on our 5th yr in the UK. Can I apply to Uni as intn'l student now and then change my status and fees to local as soon as I get my ILR?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Emilucas
Hi, so I've been living and studying in the UK for almost 3 yrs now, I'll finish yr 13 (IB) in summer 2022. We're expecting our ILR by Nov 2023, on our 5th yr in the UK. Can I apply to Uni as intn'l student now and then change my status and fees to local as soon as I get my ILR?

I'm kind of in a similar situation. By the time I finish year 13, I would've just spent 4 years in the UK which is not enough to apply for ILR. I've tried researching if you can change your status at uni, but I couldn't find a clear answer. The situation is really stressful, because even if I end up taking a gap year, I would have to wait for 1 month to apply since I've moved here in October and unis start on September. I don't really know what to do
Fee status us very complicated so there are no quick or simple answers to your question - see https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information--Advice/Fees-and-Money/Home-or-Overseas-fees-the-basics UKCISA also have a Helpline = https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/About-UKCISA/Contact-us#layer-6404
Original post by Emilucas

Hello ik this is bit late but what ended up happening?? I am in a similar situation like this so I wanted to know if you were able to get Ur fee status reassessed after getting ilr ??
Original post by alice12341--
Hello ik this is bit late but what ended up happening?? I am in a similar situation like this so I wanted to know if you were able to get Ur fee status reassessed after getting ilr ??

This is up to the regs of eachspecific uni. Some own't revisit your fee status after you've enrolled, others will if it relates to a significant change like obtaining IDLR.

It's really a question for any unis you might be enrolling at.
Original post by Admit-One
This is up to the regs of eachspecific uni. Some own't revisit your fee status after you've enrolled, others will if it relates to a significant change like obtaining IDLR.

It's really a question for any unis you might be enrolling at.

thank youu

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending